30+ days ago - req20588
Corporate Real Estate Hard Services Manager - Wilton, CT - guaranteed - sign on bonus and relocation
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The CRE (Corporate Real Estate) Hard Services Manager is responsible for to manage, coach and develop a team of FM site management, competence engineers, service experts and suppliers. All of this based on and executed within CRE’s strategic pillars (Safety, Total Cost of Ownership, Flexibility, Business Alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability).
This position is responsible for the management of hard services (Mechanical & Electrical, Clean room, andresearch related infrastructure) and is mainly focused on the factories and training centers, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are delivered within contractual parameters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide visible leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating projects; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results.
Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission.
Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff. Recruit, mentor and develop the team and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
Ensuring that utility systems and facilities are available, well-maintained and meets ASML’s specification expectations.
Oversee delivery of ‘first line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E and clean room requirements and checking of service partner works.
Liaise with factory, local authority and other (external) bodies to build & maintain effective relationships.
Take ownership of customers issues, keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions and follow problems through to resolution.
Undertake cost analysis for facilities management & project work and effectively prepare and monitor CRE OPEX & CAPEX budgets to ensure efficient use of resources.
Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments within your domain.
Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports for senior management. Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
Accountable for asset safety of the factories, including compliance and understanding of risk, reporting and governance processes, ensuring that these are fully applied, complied with and adhered to.
Perform risk assessment, value management and cost control exercises.
Responsible for maintaining high technical and qualitative standards by assessing & authorizing designs and constructions, as well as defining & managing procedures for quality inspections. Provide advice to project managers on how to meet technical & qualitative requirements.
Assess functionality and effectiveness or installations, assets and systems (together with expert colleagues or suppliers) and manage acceptance and commissioning as part of the building generation process (stage gate reviews).
Drive structure issue management and compliance issues. If applicable, conduct feasibility studies and/or root cause analysis and derive solutions from experts in the competence center or expertise from suppliers.
Identify opportunities for process, system and technical improvements and drive performance improvements and opportunities together with competence managers and suppliers.
Analyze processes and procedures and propose improvements and/or provide guidance and advice from professional expertise to professionalize methods, procedures and approaches.
Cooperate with the supply chain, data, delivery & supply management to establish an effective process for commissioning & acceptance, both representing the competence managers as well as the maintenance organization that is responsible for taking assets into service.
Collaborate and build partnership with the projects team and other CRE and/or business teams to continuously improve the effectiveness of commissioning and acceptance contributing to maximizing performance, availability and uptime.
Support the EHS organization in governing its ISO 9001 & 14001 framework and ensure compliance with OSHA.
Lead the transformation from a planned- to a predictive maintenance program based on condition-based asset assessments.
Holds a Bachelor / Master degree in (Mechanical) Engineering, Facility Management, or Corporate Real Estate, or hold equivalent qualifications.
At least 15 years of relevant experience in an international high-tech industrial environment overseeing asset & maintenance management, incl. electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, compressed air and gases, vacuum PULC’s and control systems
At least 10 years of managerial experience
Preferably experienced in working abroad and/or in multicultural teams
Preferably experienced with spearheading predictive maintenance programs
Preferably experienced in the semiconductor, optical manufacturing or related industry
Strategic thinking & innovation
Judgement and informed decision making
Organizational sensitivity & influencing skills
Ownership & entrepreneurship
Drive results and decision-making processes
Strong customer focus
Thinks and plans ahead
Capable to facilitate/stimulate (highly) skilled professionals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with the ability to effectively work with others in a team environment.
- Strong leaderships skills are required.
- Provide leadership for team and inform management of the current, as well as future needs of the facility.
- Experience with direct supervision and experience mentoring maintenance employees.
- Project management experience from inception, planning to completion.
- Must be proficient with computers & software applications.
- Must have basic knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Has a passion for tinkering on motors, building things, designing new tools, passionate about improving processes, etc.
- Identifying root causes and recommending the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Must be able to support equipment or facility emergencies on off shifts and weekends.
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, compressed air and gases, vacuumPLC’s and control systems.
- Experience supporting both electrical and mechanical systems.
- Provide complex and occasionally innovative solutions to process engineering problems.
- Review and modify existing preventative maintenance program to fit the ever increasing need for continuous operation of systems/equipment.
- Ensure proper troubleshooting of systems/equipment to minimize down-time and eliminate reoccurring problems.
- Experience in the semiconductor, optical manufacturing or related field a plus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Products/services/technology and market dynamics:
For ASML it is paramount to be and remain the global leading company in lithography – based chip-making equipment inside an ecosystem of ever-growing complexity.
To best enable ASML’s vision, the regional CRE organization, strives to maintain a consistent set of physical assets through its complete lifecycle to support the production, design and engineering processes of ASML in an optimal manner. In addition, Regional CRE is responsible to manage all buildings, grounds, and services with the aim to contribute to an appealing, attractive and comfortable working environment for ASML employees and visitors. Our joint CRE strategic pillars Safety, TCO, Flexibility, Business Alignment, Wellbeing and Sustainability guide us in our plans and activities.
Position in the value chain:
Regional CRE is to work with the factories, design and engineering, logistics and the regional managements serving as business partners to translate the requirements from the ASML internal customer to solution with specification, performance targets for our key suppliers.Regional CRE works with several key suppliers for its hard services (asset and building maintenance) and soft services. The key suppliers manage a range of the operational activities of Regional CRE. The regional CRE acts as (strategic, tactical) demand organization towards the expertise parties by providing the (output) specifications and to ensure that delivered solution are in compliance with specifications, performance targets and ASML conditions.
Other relevant organizational aspects:
CRE is positioned within ASML as a global matrix organization. Regional CRE is responsible for the assets and the asset performance for the production sites in the region, the daily management and execution of asset management and FM services in compliance with (global) standards.
CRE Hard services Manager is responsible for the management of Hard Services (Mechanical & Electrical, Clean room and research related infrastructure) services and is mainly focused on the factories and training centers, ensuring SLAs and KPIs are delivered to contract agreement.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability