30+ days ago - req20521
Quality Engineer (EUV Factory)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
A very interesting position for a Quality Engineer who feels challenged in improving the production process to ensure product quality, short lead-times, high efficiency and a ‘short time to market’ for Production.
To design, maintain, and optimize material quality (processes) and adapt to changed output requirements. Develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the material quality. Support the Production in order to ensure product quality, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
You are focused to prevent any material deviation from occurring which will disrupt the shop floor in making progress. Driven by containing material issues from reoccurring and embedding solutions to the root cause of any deviation found in the factory or supplying parties.
You will have constant attention for safety. As EF PE Quality Engineer you will contribute to the four main PE drivers:
- Decrease cycle time
- Decrease cost
- Increase efficiency
- Increase quality
Although working from a competence group, flexibility is expected, to secure the EF output plans and cycle time roadmaps. Which translates as follows:
- Analyze the production process (Material Quality), points out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and initiates their implementation, often in close cooperation with the surrounded departments as Development, Supply Chain and Customer Support
- Drive and organize for continuous improvement on the total supply chain (supplier and internal ASML)
- Execute deep dives and lead quality projects to improve parts quality in a cross-sector set-up
- Material Notification (MN) dispositioning and validation
- Ensure zero repeat (investigations)
- Support actions led by Supply Chain Management
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex material faults and take the necessary initiatives and practical decisions to secure safety and production progress
- Organize visual (stock) inspections; create/maintain inspection procedures
- Drive material quality related escalations to suppliers
- For regular support stand-by might be required
New Product Introduction:
- Uses his knowledge in product or process development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and improve the manufacturability of the product
- You are actively involved in the release for volume take over from D&E to Manufacturing
Bachelor in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Business Administration or comparable.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably in both assembly and test environment;
- Affinity and experience with Quality Management Systems (e.g. ISO9000 / SPC / 8D / Lean 6 Sigma) are a pre;
- Strong technical support mindset;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage;
- Experience in the field of Technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills; able to convince others;
- Flexible, able to prioritize, and cope with stress;
- Broad technical and business knowledge;
- Strong analytical mind;
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement;
- Team player;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Show initiative;
- Hands-on mentality;
- Quality mindset; you enable the upstream quality focus;
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing;
- Dutch language skills are a pre.
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Production Engineering (EF PS PE) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location).
The holder of this position reports to the EF PE GL and has primary internal interfaces with Manufacturing Operations, Quality Supply Managers (SCM SNM / D&E) and secondary with Customer Support departments related to manufacturing and external contact with suppliers worldwide.
We will only consider candidates who apply with an updated version of their CV as well as a cover letter stating their motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.