30+ days ago - req20568
Senior Scrum Master - Infrastructure Service
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artefact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment. Therefore we are also looking for an experienced scrum master that can play a key role in bringing Scrum to the next level and further integrate the teams in the Agile Release Train.
As Scrum Master - Infrastructure Service you are a servant leader with strong coaching skills and broad Scaled Agile experiences. You train your team(s) on Scrum practices, facilitate Scrum events and continuously stimulate your team(s) to improve to highly autonomous yet highly aligned team(s). You are working in close consultation with the Release Train Engineer and other Scrum Masters in the Agile Release Train for EIS Software Platform Services. You will be helping your team to reach new heights with regards to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also with other ART’s.
As a senior scrum master you will have the following responsibilities:
- Servant Leader by coaching the team in becoming a self-organizing scrum team and facilitate the team’s meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and the daily stand-up.
- Monitoring & Tracking the work in progress during daily stand-up and help to identify and remove blockages for developers, helping in resolving impediments and manage dependencies.
- Help the team in improving efficiency (continuous improvement)
- Work together with Product Owner, Chief Product Owner (SAFe Product Manager) and Release Train Engineer, in handling changes in backlog and scope.
- Align the team activities with stakeholders
- Balance scope, time and resources with the PO, CPO and RTE.
- As we are growing the teams will be expanded and new teams will be formed. You will play an important role in helping these teams in this dynamic situation to become successful.
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Certified in Scaled Agile Framework.
- At least 5 years’ experience with building self-organizing Scrum teams.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a scaled Agile environment (SAFe, LeSS, etc).
- Preferably a technical background or a strong interest in technology.
- Fluent English and Dutch (is highly preferred) in word and in writing.
- Strategic thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
- Good listening skills, creative thinking.
- Good coaching skills.
- Very good communication & diplomacy skills
- Analytic mindset, able to quickly assess issues and their root causes.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
Within ASML, the Engineering IT Services Software (EIS - SW) group is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of integrated development, build, test and release environments of the ASML product software.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.