30+ days ago - req20548
US Internship - Data Management (Droplet Generator)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionAt ASML, the Droplet Generation Department is responsible for the development and engineering of the droplet generator, located within the vacuum EUV source vessel to enable production of a droplet stream, in a controlled way, leading to EUV light generation. The function is also responsible for the overall integration of the droplet generator within the source and performance validation. The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the Droplet Generation related activities. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
US Internship – Data Management (Droplet Generator)
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to help the Droplet Generator team with streamline data management, turn data into information, information into insight and insight into increased collaboration and business decisions. To achieve this, the intern will:
- Work in a team environment alongside local experienced engineers.
- Assist in the recommendation and development of data management, analysis and automation tooling that will help our Droplet Generator Team be more efficient and effective in the monitoring of the system performance and guiding business decisions of new technology related to the EUV light-source.
- Additional tasks will be tailored to match the education / experience level of the intern as well as the interns learning objectives for the summer.
- Interns will typically be required to document and present their findings as well as making an end of summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during their internship.
- Current active college students in a STEM, Finance, or Economics discipline with Junior or Senior Status with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Programming experience is a definite plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- Knowledge of VBA, SQL and Tableau or equivalent data visualization software and MS Project are required. Droplet Generator Data management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information using statistical techniques with attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative with little guidance.
- Be willing to accept feedback from a variety of stakeholders.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability