26 days ago - req20616
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As the Business Analyst for the Business Operations Cost / Part Demand team, you will develop and enhance data models designed to optimize business processes. Understanding business needs and enabling insights through data analysis will be key to this role’s success.
- Generate business insights by translating data into visuals, reports, and dashboards
- Interact with technical and non-technical (cross-functional) stakeholders and be able to present and explain analytical problems, approach, results, and recommendations
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency impacting team’s reporting efforts
- Initiate improvement actions to ensure performance & costs targets are being met
- Enhancement of current tools / reports and drive continual improvements
- Exploratory analysis to provide new data insights including identifying opportunities for data mining of larger data sets
- Draw valid inferences from data analysis and present them successfully to the management
- Apply leading analytical tools (e.g. Python, Alteryx, Spotfire) and technologies to develop in-depth understanding of structured and unstructured data
- Identify opportunities and develop automation of processes
Master's degree, preferably on the cross-section of technology / engineering and business / economics (e.g. Data Science, Econometrics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics).
- We are looking for high potentials with relevant internship and/or work experience
- Experience with data platforms, data analysis and analytics tools and techniques
- Ability to apply the latest analysis techniques
- Hands-on experience with SQL and Spotfire
- Nice to have: Understanding of ASML business ecosystem
- Strong capability for problem solving
- Self-sufficient in daily work, ability to prioritize activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to work effectively and constructively in cross-functional teams
- Ability to transform data into information
- Service oriented / customer-focused mindset
- Ownership of responsibilities and accountability for actions
- Proactive way of working to identify issues before they become problems
Context of the position
- Provide support to:
- Central Planning teams on inventory and demand optimization efforts
- Business Control teams on financial analysis and reporting efforts
- Work with Business Intelligence Lead to identify data requirements and drive data quality checks
- Utilize skills and background to provide innovative tools / techniques to enhance workflows
- Other duties as assigned
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability