30 days ago - req20667
High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA) Platform Specialist
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Computer science & software engineering
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The High Performance Data Analytics (HDPA) Platform Specialist role will co-develop, implement, deploy and maintain the High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA) global at ASML in close co-operation with the internal customer and the global DevOps team.This job is focused on supporting the regional HPDA stack in Wilton Connecticut and to support the local users in their daily work.
Job DescriptionAs HPDA Platform Specialist you will develop, extend, implement, deploy and maintain the global simulation environment for ASML. Your focus will be on working with the internal customer to optimize their simulation work. You will work closely together with the HPDA system engineers and application benchmark specialist to identify usability bottlenecks and will also drive the architectural evolution of the system to maximize application manageability, usability and performance. You will be part of the DevOps team for the global HPDA ecosystem and in that role also work closely together with all member of the team on all relevant stories in our sprints. Your main focus area will be on supporting the local HPDA stack and the Wilton user base.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability and stability of the setup
- Strong partner in discussions with solution team system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Unix/Linux (i.e. RHEL Certified Engineer, Debian, Ubuntu) certifications preferred.
- System Engineer / Administration (i.e. Microsoft, Oracle/Sun, etc.) certifications preferred
- Network (Cisco, Juniper) certifications preferred
- Security (Cisco, etc.) certifications welcome
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a HPDA or HPC specialist
- 5+ years of relevant experience maintaining HPDA or HPC systems in a sys-admin role
- CI/CD, regression testing, automated deployment
- IO subsystem, Network fabric and Compute node deployment, tuning and monitoring
- Bash, Python, programming
- Resource/job managers
- Experience with Bright Cluster manager
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with remote visualization setup
- <10% US regional travel expected
- Occasional (annual) international travel possible
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Able to define a vision and present opinions in a constructive setting.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach to problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Context of the position
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability