30+ days ago - req20644
Senior Accounting Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionTo develop world class Record to Report function with-in the Global Enabling Services group supported by highly automated accounting and close processes, covering the end to end accounting cycle. Establish a streamlined and optimized record to report process that ensures external compliance and supports management accounting for better decision making.
The Senior Accounting Specialist is key role on the team and will ensure compliance with ASML accounting procedures. Maintains accurate records and follows general accounting processes. Primary functions of this position include daily cash, fixed assets, bank reconciliation, month end closing and application of generally accepted accounting principles.Maintains one or a combination of general accounting systems and will perform the following functions:prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts, prepare and distribute reports, ensures that established procedures are followed and participates in audits within functional area of accounting.
- Monitors and maintains daily cash spreadsheet.
- Generate monthly accruals and recurring journal entries.
- Performs fixed assets and projects capitalization.
- Manages bank reconciliation on various accounts.
- Analyzes and reviews account balances and reconciles to general ledger.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly accounting metrics.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and yearly schedules.
- Interacts with all levels of management, other departments, and subsidiaries.
- Participates in process redesign, improvement, documentation, and training projects.
- Assists with special projects and analysis as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associate Degree with emphasis in Accounting and Finance classes or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of accounting related experience.
- Knowledge and/or hands on experience with Oracle
- Advanced knowledge in Excel with pivot and v-lookup experience.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability