9 days ago - req2069
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Precision Mechanics
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Do you enjoy mastering the technical complexities of a future precision-engineered mechanical module? Would you also enjoy liaising between an ASML development team and an outside supplier – to make sure that what is desired is also what’s technically possible? And when it’s not, can you take the lead in creating a solution? If so, we would like to meet you.
Your mission is to ensure that the parts and modules that our design teams need – parts with extreme specifications and extremely small tolerances – will be ready and available the moment we start manufacturing.
Unlike mostSupply Chain Engineers you will be involved at the very start of the design and development process – because we need to know months in advance that the parts performance we seek is not only possible but virtually 100% guaranteed. You will achieve this certainty not only by insisting on the highest of engineering standards from world-leading suppliers but also by understanding the technical limitations, and where necessary you will drive co-design initiatives and encourage engineers on both sides to seek alternative solutions. It’s a challenging position, but if you enjoy creative problem-solving and motivating others to do the same, then it’s also a highly rewarding job with plenty of pinnacles of satisfaction.
- You will be part of ASML’s Development & Engineering sector, which is responsible for driving Industrialization into the early design of our products until the product is proven fully qualified for volume production with excellent quality by the supplier. Your main duties will include:
- Contributing to the design phase during New Product Introduction (NPI) process, give feedback on supply-chain related design choices, and assure early supplier involvement.
- Ensuring operational excellence at suppliers leading to proven readiness for volume release using structured processes and methods including statistical analysis tools (SPC).
- Ensuring that suppliers adopt and use the state-of-the-art technology to maximize the performance of our machines.
- Take responsibility for all supplier-related documentation during the development process.
- Identifying and solving structural problems in depth.
- Handshaking with your volume- supply chain engineer (SCM) at start of volume production.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanics or Mechatronics.
- Five years in high tech environment, preferably with experience in Supply Chain Engineering closely linked to precision-mechanical design.
- Trained and experienced with quality systems - preferably Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Excellent social and communication skills in English, preferable in Dutch as well.
- Team player, but also independent.
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing.
- Likes to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- All above based on solid knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering.