20 days ago - req2069
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Precision Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
ASML creates lithographic systems that the semiconductor industry needs to achieve the goal to produce faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. A strong cooperation between ASML and its suppliers is needed to accomplish this.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will be the linking pin between the ASML Precision Mechanics project development teams, ASML production and the related development and manufacturing teams at our mechatronic suppliers. And you will have a primary focus on parts and assembly quality.
Are you experienced in proactively managing technical suppliers? Do you understand the product design of high tech machinery? Would you like to become be the linking pin between our suppliers and our Development & Engineering (D&E) teams? Can you take ownership to make sure that our suppliers deliver the right quality and quantity on time? And would you like to further develop your result driven approach and your excellent stakeholder management skills? Then this position is interesting for you!
Your mission is to ensure that the parts and modules that our design teams need – parts with extreme specifications and extremely small tolerances – will be ready and available the moment we start manufacturing.
Unlike mostSupply Chain Engineers you will be involved at the very start of the design and development process – because we need to know months in advance that the parts performance we seek is not only possible but virtually 100% guaranteed. You will achieve this certainty not only by insisting on the highest of engineering standards from world-leading suppliers but also by understanding the technical limitations, and where necessary you will drive co-design initiatives and encourage engineers on both sides to seek alternative solutions. It’s a challenging position, but if you enjoy creative problem-solving and motivating others to do the same, then it’s also a highly rewarding job with plenty of pinnacles of satisfaction.
- You will be part of ASML’s Development & Engineering sector, which is responsible for driving Industrialization into the early design of our products until the product is proven fully qualified for volume production with excellent quality by the supplier. Your main duties will include:
- Contributing to the design phase during New Product Introduction (NPI) process, give feedback on supply-chain related design choices, and assure early supplier involvement.
- Ensuring operational excellence at suppliers leading to proven readiness for volume release using structured processes and methods including statistical analysis tools (SPC).
- Ensuring that suppliers adopt and use the state-of-the-art technology to maximize the performance of our machines.
- Take responsibility for all supplier-related documentation during the development process.
- Identifying and solving structural problems in depth.
- Handshaking with your volume- supply chain engineer (SCM) at start of volume production.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanics or Mechatronics.
- Five years in high tech environment, preferably with experience in Supply Chain Engineering closely linked to precision-mechanical design.
- Trained and experienced with quality systems - preferably Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Good interpersonal skills; social interaction, listening, discussion and communication skills.
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement
- Ability to influence without power Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers
- Team player, still able to act independent
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing
Context of the position
Within ASML, D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification and trade-offs across sectors.
The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure the parts quality in all product phases. The Supplier quality engineer interfaces with suppliers, project leads development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers and Procurement.