30+ days ago - req20784
Fluid Architect Machine Conditioning
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a flow architecture and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of Fluid Architect, you are responsible for the conceptualization, specification and functional integration of flow architectures or subsystems. You are the technical lead for an important part of the Flow & Thermal architecture of ASML’s lithography tools!
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The work consists of a translation of the overall system design into a fluid architecture that meets these requirements; a creation of the budgeting to the different users in the system, and communication to, and where necessary negotiation between, the users. The other main part of the work is to bring the system into operation with all the specified functions and a verification test to prove that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended during the specification phase.
The Fluid Architect reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project Leader(s). He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the overall function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few FTE to more than twenty FTE, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
- Understand the function of the media at the end users inside the lithography tool
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict the functionality of the architecture or subsystem (pressure drop budgeting, flow budgeting, humidification, gas purity)
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of flow architecture or subsystem
- Translate these specifications into conceptual designs and act as counterpart and guidance during the 3D design process
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Troubleshoot issues related to the architecture or subsystem, or the larger Flow & Temperature domain inside the tools
Technical MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Solid theoretical and practical experience with heat and mass transfer phenomena and applications
- Affinity with measurement tools and setting up of experiments
- Familiar with ASML environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Environmental Control & Infrastructure (EC&I), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modulesand architectures related to the flow and thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.