30+ days ago - req20742
Senior Applications Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Mathematics, Computer science & software engineering, Data science
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Application Engineering is ASMLs department that support customers worldwide to enhance their cutting edge lithography technology in their state of the art semiconductor fab. If you want to work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing and deliver “fit for purpose” solutions the Application Engineering department is the department which can offer you this opportunity.
- This position is to lead the effort in developing an Edge Placement Error workgroup at a major customer site to drive learnings and deliver solutions to next generation lithographic problems.
- The person filling this position will be a key leader in collaborating with ASML and customer development to develop a methodology for understanding metrics, quantification techniques, and solutions associated with Edge Placement Error.
- Interact with and develop a solid working relationship with the customer to help understand and develop valued solutions to their fabrication issues.
- Working with account team and marketing organizations in The Netherlands and San Jose to define the package that meets customers’ requirements.
- Demonstrate technical leadership through problem solving, training and presentation.
- Own a broad technical knowledge of lithography and metrology.
- You will give strategic guidance to junior engineers.
- Own the day to day project management activities and drive a technical team towards product value demonstration and integration of solutions with the goal to meet customer requirements and achieve tool-of-record configuration.
PhD or Master's in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry or Engineering preferred with a background of (semiconductor) physics, statistics or mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a semiconductor environment (within the area of lithography, patterning and/or metrology).
- Excellent process knowledge (able to provide insight in process information, front till back end processes).
- Be able to perform in high pressure and high ambiguity (semiconductor) environment.
- Ability to lead and steer small technical teams.
- Technical background of ASML tools and products.
- Knowledge of semi-conductor devices process and challenges.
- Strong client focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills in the English language (spoken and written).
- Project management skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to create clear presentations with point analysis.
- Creative and broad thinker.
- Act decisively, be pro-active and taking responsibility.
- Eagerness to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest technological developments.
- Drive own technical development and learning.
- Thrives in a large and dynamic organization with various stakeholders.
- Acts as team-player in engineering teams, and able to motivate team members.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability