15 days ago - req20843
Mechanical Safety Expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
The competence of Mechanical Safety enables engineers to create a safe design without mechanical hazards, in accordance with ISO 12100 & SEMI S2 in line with the SPS (ASML high level specification) Product Safety
- Is the principle knowledge owner of the mechanical safety competence
- Has to form and lead the mechanical safety competence team which has to ensure the quality of the mechanical safety guideline and the support in development projects worldwide
- Has to support project leads in their need for mechanical safety competence support: estimate resource needs to embed mechanical safety in the designs
- Drive the growth of the mechanical safety competence maturity
- Ensures training of mechanical safety competence engineers to the desired level
- Build and maintains a network of mechanical safety competence engineers that support the projects
- Close contact with the (sub) competences for safety
- First line of contact for mechanical safety competence issues
- Report the competence maturity in the monthly Safety risks competence meeting
Master Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of safety risks, HAZOP, ISO 12100, Machine directive, hoisting, lifting, handling, CE
- Experience in ASML & experience in safety applications in similar industry
- Team leader capability: plan activity, drive progress and build teams.
- Broad technical knowledge in classical mechanical engineering and affinity with related disciplines (ergonomics, human factors, machinery)
- Is able to manage a group of people to realize agreed deliverables
- Good social and communication skills
- Pragmatic attitude, provide solutions, no bureaucracy, generalist
- Communicate effectively throughout different levels within the organization.
- Can get people on board (influencing without formal power/negotiating skills)
Context of the position
- Close involvement with (sub) competences and Product safety engineer for mechanical safety
- Close project involvement on safety design support and reviews
- The competence lead reports Group Leader Mechanical Safety and is supporting mechanical projects on safety topics
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.