30+ days ago - req20877
Medior Build DevOps Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2500). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines that using some of the most advanced technologies on the planet. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment, and we are looking for medior Build/DevOps Engineers to complement the teams.
Implement and extend our software development environment (mostly C/C++/Python), in a blend of existing and new tooling. This includes source control (git based and ClearCase), CI/CD tooling (e.g. Jenkins), build tooling (e.g. Bazil, CMake) and infrastructure tooling (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
As a Build/DevOps Engineer you will be further developing the development environment as a member of an Agile team. With the team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing issues and supporting users of the environment. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the ART to deliver a stable and usable product.
-Further develop, implement and migrate DevOps processes and products
-Automating software build, test and integration processes
-Automating deployment, monitoring and IT management processes
-Develop and implement monitoring tools and platforms
-Design and build Docker/Kubernetes platforms
-Design and develop deployment environments for C/C++/Python/etc.
-Automate processes for security and compliance requirements
-Migrate existing pipelines to cloud (ready) pipelines
-Advise on the usage of DevOps products and services
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- At least 1,5 years’ experience with Linux and similar open source technologies;
- Bonus: Experience with make based build systems (Bazil, CMake)
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell;
- Basic knowledge of object oriented software languages as Java and C#;
- Experience with a number of the following tools and technologies:
it or git based source control systems (Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab);
CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, Artifactory, AWS Codebuild;
Gradle (Groovy, Java);
Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent tooling;
Container technology, e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes;
- Preferably some experience with Scrum / Kanban / SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (e.g. Jira);
- Preferably experience with working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Azure, Google, AWS;
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling;
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development.
- Proactive personality;
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies;
- Has a drive towards analyzing and solving problems;
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes;
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment;
- Has the agile mindset;
- Can be a DevOps key player;
- Has excellent communication skills.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.