30+ days ago - req20894
US Internship - LabView Development/System Design - Summer 2021
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
In the CLS division in San Diego, we design and manufacture Deep Ultraviolet (DUV) lasers, used directly in the chipmaking process. Far from a basic “consumer” laser, these machines are complex, powerful, and flexible. The lasers we make require: durable and high-speed precise motion-controlled optics to maintain wavelength to femtometer accuracy under high laser powers; advanced materials to endure the harsh Fluorine-rich environments and high powers; clever mechanical designs to allow high performance and fit all the parts within a confined space, but still allow easy manufacturing and servicing; very fast high power electronics and electrical designs to deliver short high voltage pulses at precise timing to control pulse energy within hundredths of a percent; gas flows at hurricane speeds to keep the laser discharge area clear; cutting edge controllers and algorithms to deliver stable and consistent performance and automate all operations; and advanced real-time electronics, firmware and software to control the laser and interact with other equipment. The laser needs to minimize use of expensive or rare resources like energy or Neon gas. It needs to actively control temperatures, pressures, gas concentrations and voltages precisely to maintain good performance. It must react instantly to changing customer demands and environmental conditions. And it needs to do all of this, operating continuously and reliably for months while producing billions of perfect light pulses, without any human intervention or downtime.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The Intern will gain experience in system design and software development supporting the Global Technical Support Team for sustaining of existing products, working under the guidance of senior engineers. The intern will work on projects supporting the current LabVIEW software tools and create new software. The Intern will gain experience working on complex Deep Ultraviolet Laser Systems that are used in semiconductor chip manufacturing.Due to COVID restrictions this position may require the intern to work remotely.
- Create, modify Debug and maintain LabVIEW applications in Windows and Linux environments.
- Design, implement, and debug software components according to corporate standards and procedures
- Follow best practices for software development, archiving, and version control.
- Document software, including requirements, design, code, user manuals.
- Gain experience with processes associated with working in cross functional environment
- Research and evaluate new software and hardware technologies for potential integration into products
- Work as a collaborative team member on engineering projects
- 3rd year or above Engineering, Mathematics, or Science Major
- Bachelor or Master in CS, CE, EE, Physics, in good standing or equivalent professional experience.
- LabVIEW Certification, Associate or Developer (preferred),
- MATLAB, C/C++, Python
- Exposure to LabVIEW FPGA, and LabVIEW Real-Time software is a plus
- Experience with real-time data acquisition and instrument control
- Exposure to Linux based Hardware
- Exposure to various communication buses and protocols Serial, Ethernet, SPI etc.,
- Basic software and User Interface design knowledge (samples may be requested)
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and data analysis
- Familiarity with standard diagnostic equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, Protocol analyzers) .
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical and creative hands-on problem solving skills
- Possess strong ownership characteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills
- Be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Be willing to be “wrong” at times and be open to the ideas of others
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability