30+ days ago - req20957
Project Management Expert and Quality Assurance Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
If you think we at ASML are inventing the most difficult high tech systems on earth for manufacturing microchips and that's all we do? Well, there's more. Much more. Daily, thousands of colleagues within operations are producing new ASML machines for our customers in factories, delivering customer services to our customers, planning customer orders and managing our logistics. All worldwide.
As our business is expanding with new technologies and time to market is critical, we have to change many of our processes and systems in operations worldwide to fulfill our customer demands and to become fit for the future. This change is industry challenging and you can be part of it.
We are searching for a Project Quality Assurance Specialist to support and advice projects and programs that will realize the required change with an excellent understanding of the key basics of good project execution.
You guide the program in getting a sound Quality Assurance mechanism in place, specifically for the 4 Operations sub-portfolios, including quality of the sub-portfolio deliverables and project/program management, all laid down in a sound process and monitored by relevant performance indicators. Also, you drive a continuous improvement culture of QA across ASML. You are able to “sell” Quality Assurance as an interesting opportunity for projects to excel and for project members to grow in delivering successful projects.
You are challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context. You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible. To achieve your mission, you initiate meetings to analyze issues and to support, steer, and plan solutions. It is essential that you (get to) know your internal customers and stakeholders who need your specific competence to create successful solutions in the scope of your team.
- Regular quality reviews of project and programs, both as an advice to the governance before tollgates as well as intermediate reviews
- Formulate constructive advice on the quality status and improvement opportunities of projects and programs
- Internal consultancy on shaping sound and healthy projects and programs, ref. governance, scoping, planning, risk management, change management, etc.
- Help building, growing and maturing the Quality Assurance framework
- Drive consistent reporting of the Quality Status of Project Portfolios
- Make the connection to more formal Quality Audits of projects
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Project Quality Assurance
- Support continuous organizational quality improvement by deployment of Maturity Assessments on Project-, Program- and Portfolio organizations
- Contribute to internal alignment and learning of project, program and portfolio management through the x-ASML Project Management Competence Center
- Master's degree or proven equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trained in project, program and portfolio management, preferably Prince2/PM-BoK, MSP and MoP
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience as senior project manager and/or program manager
- Quality Assurance of projects
- Stakeholder management skills involving sector management, management layers and work floor
- Background in ERP or other IT Implementations (in an Operations environment) will be advantageous
- Experience in consultancy in the area of project and program management
- Broad understanding of key processes and challenges in large industrial companies, preferably with basic understanding of ASML related technologies
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results
- Ability to advice senior management levels with natural authority based on personality and expertise
- Team player and leadership
- Ability to manage and drive virtual, cross-functional improvement teams
- Excellent communication, influencing (without power) and negotiating skills
- Able to give direction and good at planning & prioritizing
- Creative when handling problems independently, commitment and flexibility
- Win-win mentality
- External orientation
- User awareness
Context of the position
ASML adopts a Quality Assurance approach for non-product development related projects with the aim to get to better and more reliable project results. This is operationalized by acting as Quality Partner for projects and programs to assure the project and program management quality on one hand and by shaping a professional review culture that drives a healthy peer-to-peer project and program learning environment on the other hand. Also driven by maturation of the continuous improvement and learning culture related to Lean developments, the amount of Quality Assurance assignments is growing which is the reason that we look for a colleague to help building the Quality Assurance competence at ASML.
You report to the Senior Manager Quality Assurance at OSE (Operations Strategies & Excellence). As our OSE department is a company example for Quality Assurance you are willing to invest in relationships and to share your knowledge and experiences within ASML. The OSE department is responsible for all major structural improvements within Operations and for all interfaces towards the IT department. This means that you can relate to both IT and business (operations) processes.
ONE Program context
You will mainly work for the four Operations sub-portfolios (Customer Support, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing and Planning and Corporate Real Estate) and partially also for the ASML Strategic Program ONE (Our New Enterprise) Program. In a nutshell, ONE encapsulates replacing current SAP with new standard SAP and implement foundation concepts worldwide, based on standard process and templates. In the upcoming year the focus of the Program will change from prototyping to implementing.
This is a full-time position (40 hours).
Interested? Please apply with your CV and cover letter!