30+ days ago - req20975
Sr. Technical Learning Expert
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for a hands-on, entrepreneurial technical learning expert with an ability to collaboratively develop and implement new learning solutions and methods. A person who is passionate about high tech, innovation, learning, and thrives in a complex and self-organizing Development and Engineering (D&E) environment.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As part of the D&E Technical Training Center, you will ensure stakeholder alignment on the learning development, and prioritization of the training development programs/projects. Together with the Learning Operations Team these skills will be used to deliver blended learning programs which create high impact.
- Define and implement learning journeys for D&E Training Program (Onboarding Program, Architect Development Program, Project Management Program, etc)
- Identify the problem that the learning request is meant to solve. Consultancy with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts (SME), gather and assemble data and report back the findings. Develop a high-level scope, and learning strategies as a response to known knowledge gaps, business goals, skills management, onboarding, change management, or continuous development.
- Analysis, Design and Development of a range of learning solutions or curriculums (online (asynchronous) or face-to face/virtual (synchronous)).
- Create and implement learning activity plan. Based on company culture, existing materials, resources, budget, stakeholder, course developer / SME involvement, vendor solutions in developing instructional design, course development and learning activities. Lock down and establish the scope, resources, timeframe, deliverables and success metrics, as well as a plan for maintaining the program (if needed) after the project concludes.
- Collect evaluations, assessments, conduct interviews or complete any other activities designed around measuring program success.
- Project closure. Provide any agreed-upon reporting, conduct a "lessons learned" as requested, transition the program into maintenance mode by facilitating a transfer to the Learning Operations Support Team (by means of setting up a Service Level Agreement), and close out the project.
- Collaborating with other Learning & Development colleagues within ASML and researching advancements in the space of learning and development outside of ASML, to ensure that ASML has access to the latest and best in learning methods there are.
Master or Bachelor degree in Education or Learning & Development field
- Minimum 3+ years of related working experience required
- Experience working in a technical training or organizational training environment
- Experience developing and creating e-learnings desired
- Experience with modern workplace learning settings: online (asynchronous) learning, face-to face/virtual (synchronous), collaboration, adaptive learning, flipped classroom
- Experience with
- Collaborating learning solutions with third parties
- Program/project management
- Background knowledge and skills in Science, Technology, Engineering or an equivalent is a plus
- Up to date on instructional design and interventions:
- Learning intervention techniques
- Project management:
- Manage triple constraint (scope, time, cost), risks, progress reporting
- Deliver according to agreed project initiation document, plan and timing
- Timely delivery of quality learning programs
- Timely escalation of risks and issues in course delivery
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and faster course development
- Take perspective towards target groups
- Technical training background
- Takes ownership to achieve end result
- Handles ambiguity, uncertainty and conflicting priorities effectively
- Communicates clearly & convincingly
- Acts upon stakeholders interest
- Consultancy skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Influence without power
- Stakeholder management up to VP level
- Communicative skills
- Builds collaborative relationships
- Active listening techniques
- Handles resistance and challenges
- Create consensus and connections work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability