30+ days ago - req21024
Group Leader Research
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you a bright and ambitious leader who wants to contribute to the next generation of semiconductor tools and applications shaping our world? Do you have a proven track record in a leadership position? Are you able to achieve the results in the context of standard development processes and guidelines? Then, this management position might be the right opportunity for you.
As a Group Leaderyou are part of the Research management team. This is a challenging role where you manage interactions with various disciplines and competences within the ASML organization, as well as with the outside scientific community. Next to that you lead by example, inspiring a group of professionals within the field of scanning electron microscope (SEM) hardware and applications as well as resist, stochastics and process modeling.
In this role you are:
Owning the SEM and Process Modeling competence:
- Responsible for driving development and maintenance of the technical competence. You are recognized as one of the experts in these fields inside and outside ASML
- Able to review and challenge content decisions made by Sr. Managers
- Building and maintaining a strong network in and outside ASML. Managing alignment with BL Apps development groups in San Jose for computation lithography and SEM applications. You initiate and maintain cooperation with leading universities and institutes in this field of expertise
- Contributing to the strategy and goals of the company. You have overview how the competence fits the business needs
- Taking ownership to get and keep the best in class research facilities (e.g. by preparing and defending CAPEX proposals)
Managing a group:
- Leading and managing a group of 15-20 professionals with many matrixed connections and projects
- Creating and deploying a group mission and vision
- Leveraging and developing the skills of the professionals by creating teams with complementary skills and coaching them in personal effectiveness and development
- Hiring world-class group-members to excel in project deliverables
- Responsible for the planning and allocation of human resources to the various project activities, in cooperation with managers and project managers. You ensurethe availability and adoption of best known methods, standards and tooling.
- Involved in rolling out the HR activities, like target setting, development conversations, appraisals etc.
- Contributing to group overarching activities by cooperation with colleagues, being part of the Research management team.
You have a PhD in Physics, Chemistry or Applied Mathematics. Ideally you have started your career in research in an academic environment and continuing your career in industry where you have developed managerial skills.
- You have experience in applied research in academia or industry and are recognized as one of the main contributors.
- You have at least 5-10 years of experience in managing teams in relevant fields of science.
- You possess knowledge in dealing with the balance of research and deadlines within an industrial environments, pushing the very limits of physics and chemistry which is in the core of ASML’s culture.
- Understand how to operate within a complex, matrix organization where decision making processes are influenced by many (external) factors.
- Strong analytical skills, intelligent, quick thinker.
- Quality mindset.
- Driven to push boundaries.
- Strong proven managerial skills.
- Able to grow people and teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
Context of the position
ASML Research Department is responsible for the applied research activities of ASML and works on programs with time-frame to market of approximately 5-7 years. Research works closely together with the Technical Development Center and System Engineering. Furthermore, the teams have very close collaborations with Development & Engineering teams of ASML, usually in the form of Projects.
This position reports to VP Research and manages a team of approximately 15-20 people that are responsible for the mid -term applied research in the fields of SEM and process modeling.
This is a senior management role which combines deep technical knowledge, experience and overview with strong management and people development skills.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.