30+ days ago - req21139
Data Analyst and Mendix Developer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Data science, Other technical job categories
Do you enjoy building in-depth understanding of our business (processes) by deep-diving into data, turning this into information and insights and creating applications with business stakeholders? Are you a pragmatic team player that likes to participate in solving challenges in a complex, high tech environment? Then you are a great candidate to become our new Data Analyst and Mendix Developer.
Within ASML D&E (Development & Engineering) the ASML Information System (AIS) has a vision to be the “one-stop-shop for data and information”. To make this vision come true you, as a D&E employee, are working closely with the IT department. All tasks are divided between several teams that work agile following the scrum methodology.
Each team consists of
- IT colleagues who work on the data preparation (from sources such as SAP HANA and Hadoop) and
- Colleagues from D&E (including you), who work on gathering and prioritizing business requirements, analyzing data, developing data visualizations in Spotfire and creating applications in Mendix.
The goal of the AIS team is to help ASML business users with their business intelligence questions and to improve the quality of reports and applications within D&E.
As Data Analyst you take responsibility to:
- create in-depth understanding of the business problems our stakeholders face
- perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends and patterns to clarify and detail our understanding of the issues
- find and combine (structured and unstructured) data,
- clean and prepare data for processing, statistical analysis and (predictive) modelling,
- transform data into information and insights (by using your craftsmanship and applying different techniques),
- execute analysis and creating visualizations and reports
- communicate with and educate business stakeholders
BSc / HBO degree
- 2-7 years’ experience in working with data, statistics, analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience with application development in Mendix (required).
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence, databases and related techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using (statistical) packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SQL, Python, etc).
- Knowledge of data cleaning, modelling and transformation.
- Experience with SAP HANA and Python.
- Experience with Data Visualization methods and tooling (we mainly use TIBCO Spotfire but we appreciate also experience with other software packages).
- Knowledge/understanding of complex production (control) processes, preferably in a high tech, low volume environment.
- Thinks creative, out of the box.
- Internal drive to “find the needle in the haystack”.
- Pragmatic,pro-active, entrepreneurial.
- Team player, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Good communicative skills, including presentation skills.
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the manager of the Analytics & Visualization group and the Value Stream Manager of ASML Information System.