15 days ago - req21197
Data Scientist - Intern
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
We are looking for highly talented Data Scientist Intern to join our Project Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for exploring, analyzing, visualizing the project related data for process improvement and optimization.
- Understand the process and infrastructure tools in project management
- Collaborate with PL teams, mine and analyze the data pool collected during running projects and engineering activities to drive quality improvement, process optimization
- Select features, build and optimize model using machine learning technologies
- Develop tool or process to monitor/visualize the data and the model performance
- Extend, troubleshoot and maintain the internal Apache Zeppelin platform
PhD or Masters majored in Computer Science Engineering, Math or Statistics.
- Coursework or experience with data structure, data modeling, data visualization and machine learning
- Practical knowledge of scripting languages (such as Python, R, Scala) and data science modules (such as pandas, scikit - learn)
- Be able to write SQL queries
- Another big plus is experience with Apache Zeppelin platform, including development, configuration or maintenance
- Proven problem analyzing and solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability