30+ days ago - req21112
Development and Manufacturing Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
To design, maintain, adapt and to optimize production processes in a dynamic high technology environment, in addition to develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process.
ASML is seeking an experienced optical or manufacturing engineer with expertise in interferometric metrology, optics design and high tech manufacturing process optimization. This person will join the Advanced Development Center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. This position is based in Wilton, Connecticut, USA.
The primary job function is to introduce new products and corresponding processes from development into (volume) production, continuously adapting and optimizing the production and installation processes, and providing support in connection with the production organization.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Interface between Development Engineering and Production Engineering.
- Review designs to ensure it is suitable for manufacturing environment.
- Analyze the production process for Wilton project-related system parts highlighting structural problems and bottlenecks, develop, and initiate their implementation, often in close cooperation with associated groups such as Design, Industrial Engineering and Customer Support.
- Collaborate with production engineering on problem identification, analysis and solution creation on key processing and metrology steps. For example, flatness and roughness metrology, friction, cleaning methods, polishing and coating issues, laser ablation processing or ion beam milling.
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex problems and take the necessary initiative to identify and implement practical solutions.
- Bring knowledge to bear on (new) product development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase and to improve the manufacturability of the product and test designs.
- Perform and analyze interferometric flatness metrology on engineering samples and in support of production problem investigations.
- Data analysis examining problematic trends in key process parameters, collaborating with production engineers for root cause analysis and solution development.
- With support from D&E engineers, create and design production tooling & qualification tests.
- Support production issues with concise troubleshooting of material, mechanical, optical systems and subsystems.
- Review design documents, procedures and specifications.
- Validate technical work instructions.
- Evaluate and disposition failed parts, with proposed solutions for structural problems.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and help validate the root cause of the failure.
- Support creation of process flow charts.
- Interface with internal and external customers regarding the build and test of assemblies and final products.
Bachelor (Masters preferred) of Science in Optical, Mechanical, material science or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years or more (co-op included) in an engineering industry environment.
- Experience in manufacturing of high precision opto-mechanical systems, optical assemblies, optical fabrication, vacuum based coatings or material characterization.
- Working knowledge of a MATLAB, CAD program such as Unigraphics or Solidworks is a must.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage.
- Experience in the field of technical manufacturing engineering and quality methodologies such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Broad technical and business interests.
- Strong analytical mind and abstract thinker.
- Get-on and do it mentality.
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Advanced development center in ASML Wilton, Connecticut is seeking a process engineer with expertise in manufacturing processes of glass and ceramics. This R&D center in Wilton, Connecticut is a multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientistsfocused on developing learning loop solutions, proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirements.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1