30+ days ago - req21120
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
In the Cymer Light Source (CLS) division in San Diego, we design and manufacture Deep Ultraviolet (DUV) lasers, used directly in the chipmaking process. Far from a basic “consumer” laser, these machines are complex, powerful, and flexible. The lasers we make require: durable and high-speed precise motion-controlled optics to maintain wavelength to femtometer accuracy under high laser powers; advanced materials to endure the harsh Fluorine-rich environments and high powers; clever mechanical designs to allow high performance and fit all the parts within a confined space, but still allow easy manufacturing and servicing.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Designs, develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture, fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of parts, components, sub-assemblies, final assemblies and systems.Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products.May estimate manufacturing cost, determine time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.May review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.Responsible for improving overall system/module quality, increasing yields, and reducing process cycle times in the Process Engineering Organization.This is accomplished by the coordination of cross-functional activities with other departments.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods and processes.
- Works with design engineers to improve product design and tooling.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Coordinates Special Build activities between Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional Teams.
- Builds and maintains databases.
- Conducts time and efficiency studies and develops improved processes based on findings.
- Coordinates Beta test software activities to flow through manufacturing.
- Coordinates and/or implements change orders and deviation activities to flow through manufacturing.Creates and maintains track record.
- Investigates and reports root cause of problems, follows up with corrective actions.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports factory metrics (test data, yield data, cycle-time data, etc…) on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Participates in product reliability meetings and drives for resolutions of big hitter problems.
- Participates in sub-system design reviews and evaluates the new product designs for manufacturability, quality, and reliability.
- Implements containment and corrective actions.
- Creates assembly and test processes and procedures.
- Creates data collection schemes.
- Develops / refines business processes.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during test. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in relative Science or Engineering discipline.Physic and/or Electrical Engineering academic background (Preferred MS Degree). Optical engineering preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, work related experience is required.
- Cymer Laser Service or equivalent work experience is plus.
- Advanced experience using MS Office required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Visio)
- Experience using statistical software required (i.e. JMP, Minitab, etc..)
- Experience using one or more of the following software packages: MS Project, SAP Manufacturing Execution, Oracle, Oracle Agile (PLM), TIBCO Spotfire, PTC Creo.
- Lean/6-Sigma experience required. Green Belt certification preferred.
- SPC (statistical Process Control) experience preferred.
- Familiarity of DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Understand BOM (Bill-Of-Material) structuring fundamentals and have the ability to create PCRs (Production Change Request), COs (Change Order) and TDNs (Temporary Deviation Notification).
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings per GD&T Y14.5.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company - Technicians to Management.
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be curious and hands-on (can provide some direct practical experience in the operation of manufacturing tools)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability