30+ days ago - req21316
Equipment Engineer SEM
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The mission of Design Engineering is to enable our field service engineers to be successful in
supporting our customers. As an expert in your subsystem you will function as the technical
interface between CS Local organizations and ASML Headquarters.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology
As an Industrial Equipment Engineer your main focus is in the area of SEM function cluster
for e-beam inspection/metrology products
• Translation of product specifications to requirements in product design and service processes
such as product availability targets
• During the co-design phase you ensure the product is designed as such that it can be
maintained at our customers within required timeframe and with high success rate by
providing insights from the perspective of serviceability, accessibility, etc.
• You do the preparation for the service processes including all required installation, test and
service procedures, training documentation, definition of out of control action plans,
diagnostics, Statistical Process Control parameters, tooling and spare parts
• New product introduction by validating service procedures during prototype build, training our
service personnel and supporting them during early customer introduction phase. If needed
travel to solve complex problems on site within expertise (international travel max 10%)
• Analysis of the performance in our service organization and define improvements to meet
initial product specification
Master or higher degree in applied physics, or electro-optical engineering with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of physics and charged particle physics is preferred. Or bachelor’s degree with at least 3-7 years relevant work experience.
3-7 years or more (co-op included) of experience in:
• A production and/or service environment with high tech products and complex production
• Complex SEM systems
• Working experience or knowledge in semiconductor equipment as well as understanding the
concept of CRAMS (cost, reliability, availability, manufacturability, serviceability) is required
• A background in the application of charged optical optics, high voltage, charged particle
physics, vacuum systems and semiconductor fabs is desired
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents. Interpret and
update Gantt charts. Understand basic project planning, dependencies, and milestones
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,
efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body
coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under
ISO 9000/14000 standards).
Job Description Template with added details & explanation
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk;
hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and
stretch. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
• Evaluate the serviceability of tool installation and maintenance and implement improvements
to meet availability and product design specifications. As required, maintain records and
reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations
• Read and interpret design drawings, schematics, or documents and provide feedback to
designer. Understanding of system level interactions between Electron-optics, electronics and
mechanical parts to enable effective problem solving at the system level down to the individual
piece part level.
• Can work under deadlines pressure. Strong customer focus and commitment to customer
satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
• Self-driven individual with keen technical ability. Willing to learn and apply new information or
• May require international travel dependent on business needs around 10%.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability