13 days ago - req21371
Field Service Engineer - Essex Junction VT
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Burlington - VT, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.This is a 5x8 position based out of Essex Junction, Vermont but candidate must be flexible to travel and work flexible shifts on occasion when required to support customers. Candidate may be required to work on call shift during overnight and weekends.
In the Cymer Light Source (CLS) division we design and manufacture Deep Ultraviolet (DUV) lasers, used directly in the chipmaking process.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Performs installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
- Maintains an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.
- Assists customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment.
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
- May provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff.
- Ensures that parts are available and as specified for service requirements.
- Maintains appropriate tools are on hand and as required.
- Travels as required for the purposes of performing service activities at customer sites or backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers.Approx. 30% domestic, possible international.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Uses company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
- Must be flexible for weekend or on-call coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in a Technical Field of study (i.e. Electronics, Optical, etc.) or higher education preferred or similar Military / vocational experiences.
- Minimum of two (2) years of field service engineering experience preferred or relevant work related experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment experience is preferred.
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to communicate technical issues to other technical staff.
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data.
- Intermediate level of technical knowledge of electronics.
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship building.
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required.
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
- Protocol, and Computer Networking.
- Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as: background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Requires experience using the following software packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems, LabView, Internet.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills preferred.
- Effective communication, perseverance, problem solving, customer support focus and team oriented.
Context of the position
- Onsite field service support, troubleshooting and resolving issues.Customer support advocate, guiding customers in operation and maintenance of the system.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and will be required to work around toxic gases (fluorine).
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability