29 days ago - req21379
Production Planning Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Leads Cymer Lightsource Planning department, including Master Scheduling and Production Planning for work centers such as Lasers, Chambers, Optics, Solid State Pulse Power Modules and reclaim/teardown, to achieve material availability, revenue and inventory goals.
- Influences empowerment, positive change and continous improvement through all levels of the Manufacturing Organization.
- Drives and models a culture of learning, continous improvement, and commitment to high quality.
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage a team of planners to drive improvements in the planning process.
- Maintain and build a great team through employee development and recruitment.
- Provides input to Manufacturing strategy and executes delivering on commitments.
- Meets production output goals, on-time spares supply, inventory targets, target stocking level replenishment and cycle time.
- Leads the day-to-day operations of planning professionals planning many laser models and spare parts and provides high-level direction and support.
- Reviews and oversees loading of demand for all laser systems, spares, upgrades, new products and field change orders into MRP system to meet customer and company goals.
- Develops, directs, and coordinates planning and scheduling activities, and ensures materials requirements for Manufacturing are met.
- Develops action plans to address material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Works with NPI teams to establish production schedules and capacity requirements and ensure materials are provided according to schedule.
- Ensures reclaimed material targets are met to material supply and achieve cost goals.
- Plans and administers procedures and budgets.
- Responsible forestablishing metrics and reporting status to the overall organization.Analyzes problems, determines approach, and implements process and system improvementsutilizing Lean methods.
- Responsible for the monitoring of Production Schedules, Raw Material, WIP, and Finished Goods for financial tracking purposes and in support of company goals.
- Develops vision of, establishes strategy to, and promotes use of business processes as an integral part of the job.
- Establishes linear production schedule.
- Develops and positions contingency plans for quick response to production demand changes.
Directs and controls the activities of one large or two or more sections/ departments, perhaps through managers who exercise full supervision of costs, methods, and staffing. Regularly interacts with executive levels or senior management on matters concerning their functional area. Requires the ability to influence and/or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damaging the relationship. May be responsible for managing a staff function and may not have direct reports.
Strong tactical decision maker who may become involved in elevated issues arising from daily activities. Leads a large department, two or more medium sized departments, department(s) with significant public visibility/budget/financial impact on the company, major product line or several product lines, or highly visible/critical customer relationship(s). Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may have company-wide effect.
Works with senior management to develop annual operating budget, provides input to strategic planning process and develops and implements plans for tactical execution and staffing needs/ development (if any) for the entire area of responsibility. Works on issues where analysis of issues requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delays in schedules and/or jeopardize overall business activities. Accountable for the development and retention of key talent.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 7+ years working in planning-oriented role in a manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years in a leadership/management role.
- MRP/ERP systems experience essential; Oracle experience preferred.
- Significant experience with new product introduction.
- Previous experience developing and monitoring budgets for a functional area.
- APICS CPIM strongly preferred.
- Six Sigma Green belt-Black belt preferred
- Lean Certification
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability