25 days ago - req21484
Linear Actuator Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The electrical actuator design engineer is a mechanical engineer or electromechanical engineer who works in a cross functional environment that includes mechatronics, electrical and supply chain engineering. The design engineer is responsible to create manufacturable coil and magnets design that meets all performance requirements that includes but not limited to: electromagnetics field requirements, coil sizes and insulation requirements, locations, number of wire turns, magnet sizes and materials. The design also needs to incorporate other constraints such as thermal, dynamics, volume, stress, cleanliness, etc., through analysis and prototypes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years Mechanical Engineering experience.
- 2+ years Technical Product Documentation (TPD);including drawings and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- 2+ years FEA, thermal, stress, tolerance, fluid flow, vibration analyses.
- Motor Design (Brushless Motor or Lorentz Motor).
- Magnet Design, Coil Design, Vacuum Design, back iron design, electrical
- Familiar with basic machining methods and fasteners.
- Cleanroom compatible.
- Cable design, printed circuit board (PCB design), flex cable design, thermal sensor
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturing principals.
- Familiar with additive manufacturing, laser welding, brazing, etching, diffusion
- Familiar with electromagnetics and controls.
- Familiar with basic Electrical Engineering terminology.
- Familiar with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) specs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well with international cross sector ASML team and suppliers.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability