14 days ago - req21499
Senior (Mechanical) Simulation Application Support Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The growing complexity of our machines and our aim to deliver higher quality faster, is creating a lot of focus on the area of Engineering Simulation at ASML. In our department of Engineering IT Services we are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer passionate about mechanical analysis and supporting engineers with running their simulations, who likes working in a multidisciplinary environment and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Are you an expert in Mathworks Matlab and Simulink? Have you worked with mechanical simulation applications like Ansys, Star-CCM, COMSOL? Are you comfortable working in Linux and Windows infrastructures? Are you triggered by complex technical challenges?
We have a job for you!!
Supporting engineers with their simulation challenges and team up to maintain the software and hardware Infrastructure of the ASML engineering workplace, in cooperation with teams internal and external to the Engineering IT Services Hardware department.
The simulation applications are used by more than 7000 developers;
The application software runs on Windows client workstations and High Performance Compute Clusters. Development & deployment is being done using technologies like SCCM, puppet, git and more. Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.
You will be part of the Engineering Simulation team in EIS, consisting of about 5 people, which is part of the Hardware team of about 35. In this position your responsibilities will entail, but are not limited to:
- Support and maintain the Engineering simulation applications on Linux and Windows;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability, system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Partner with development units at The Mathworks to incorporate ASML improvements into their commercial products;
- Participate as technical expert in running projects for DevOps teams;
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope;
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Minimum Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years of proven experience in Simulation and/or Computation domain (application and infrastructure support)
- Proven competence in working with Mathworks MATLAB, Simulink.
- General knowledge of Engineering IT components as for instance Linux (RedHat), Windows (Server), NetApp storage, MySQL/Oracle/databases, identity management systems (Novell), Middleware (Tibco), security and others
- Good knowledge of IT workplace infrastructure like: Remote Workplace, Windows (Server 2016), Citrix XenApp/VDI, Cloud enablement
- Knowledge and understanding of services and processes (ITIL)
- Preferably experience in system implementation /change management within production -organizations and/ or eager to learn in this area.
- Team player, good social skills, service and customer-oriented, ability to motivate people
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Change-management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is Engineering IT Services (EIS); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The Mechanical Simulation Application Support Expert for Engineering IT Services will be active in the Virtual Product Development group, supporting engineering simulation applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager VPD of the IT EIS department.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.