11 days ago - req21424
Sr. Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Facility management, Mechanical engineering
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Mechanical Engineer to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego responsible for construction design and execution. Responsible to facilitate ASML employees, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment for San Diego and west coast locations.
- Manages the facilities utilityinfrastructure as a subject matter expert to ensure capacity and reliabilityin design. Ability to develop utility master plans, strategic planning andpresent recommendations to senior management.
- Reviews feasibility studiesand designs, perform design calculations, approve floor plans,construction plans and specs, work with contractors and Project Managerduring execution.
- Strong technical knowledgedesired in HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification,wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaustventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gasdetection, process gases, safety alarm systems, electrical distributionand clean room operations required.
- Compliance knowledge ofbuilding codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirementsdesired.
- Ensures that the facilitiesproject plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineeringteam.
- Ensures excellentcross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, andother means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areasand other departments.
- Provides feedback to onways to improve the facilities project planning.
- Manages the effectiveusage of the design review process and facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlightsrisks and develops mitigation plans.
- Creates numerous presentationsas required to support program reviews and leadership briefings.
- Proactively communicatesissues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures successful completionof facility projects by ensuring required inspections, commissioning andhandoff to facilities maintenance end user(s).
- Ability to creates,tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets(specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, andother general engineering planning activities.
- Negotiates consulting and constructionservices contracts and approve invoices.
- Manages and ensures that constructionand system hookups by outside contractors is done in a safe manner per approvedscope, schedule and cost.
- Ensures properdocumentation is completed for facilities project.
- Performs reviews on keydevelopments and drives necessary changes into the Facilities PlanningProcess or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements,and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policiesthat affect multiple work groups.
- May provide advancedmanagement direction to a complex technical subject matter area.
- Leads facilities andcross-functional team members consisting of individual contributors andmanagers to create and execute product development schedules in compliancewith corporate roadmaps, business and facility planning guidelines, and programmanager/executive guidance on projects.
- Responsible for facility projectdocumentation from planning through project closeout.
- Performs other duties asassigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering from an ABET accredited University and a minimum of eight (8) years in Facilities with a minimum of two (2) years project management experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data using statistical tools. Good verbal and written communications skills (English language)
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the project teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Demonstrated success as a hands on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- Working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Provides analysis of own work assignments and executes to the operational plan.
- Must be available for occasional overtime and weekend hours as needed.
- Professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relations with highly educated individuals from various backgrounds.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others.Acts proactively to customer needs.
- Must be a team player, driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude.
- Exercise judgment and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters.
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques with organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
Context of the positionThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee is required to move around the campus regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability