14 days ago - req21455
System Performance Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
As a system performance engineer you’ll test our deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography systems after they are fully assembled in the cleanroom factories. A remarkable and unique environment to work in.
Do you like to work via following procedures, perform testing and value punctuality? Do you want to be part of the dynamic and innovating working environment and be crucial to further strengthen our manufacturing process? Then ASML is looking for you!
Find out more: ASML IN ONE MINUTE
Role and responsibilities
You will accurately calibrate and qualify our DUV systems according to agreed specifications, quality standards and delivery times by logging in to the machine via your laptop. You recognize and report (structural) problems and give support in solving these problems when required. Communication is key: identifying, informing and involving the relevant stakeholders is crucial to keep the process running.
The department where you’ll get to work is called; the TwinScan factory (TF) and is responsible for the production of wafer scanners, including planning and logistics. As department we value mutual respect, teamwork, ownership, a proactive attitude and a continuous drive to improve. We are committed to all our customers and we are proud to strive for world class operations while having fun in our jobs.
As a system performance engineer you’ll focus on:
- Quality: perform calibration, adjustment, performance and system qualification tests on ASML products and/or (sub) systems in accordance with established specifications. Recognize and report (structural) problems and give support in solving these problems when required;
- Production: ensure system progress by achieving an amount of tests guided by strict procedures within your shift conform planning and customer specification;
- New Products: contribute to the Pilot process and transition from pilot to volume production. Execute and improve procedures, processes, protocol etc;
- Teamwork: Able to work in a multi-cultural team with mutual respect within a high-tech environment. Contribute to the team by sharing your knowledge amongst your colleagues. Bring up improvement ideas and contribute to implement them when feasible and possible;
- Knowledge and skills: acquire sufficient knowledge of new and established products and processes, modifications, sub-modules and complete systems;
- Reporting: process and administrate information in SAP and reporting of the machine status in the machine logbook according to the Way Of Working;
- Communication: synchronize, plan and execute manual adjustments. Inform Technical Support in case of disturbances. Keep System Owner/Team Leader informed in case of disturbance in progress. Inform MH in case of material ordering or returning;
- Safety: comply with the ASML 5S and safety standard rules.
Education and experience
- Secondary Vocational Degree (MBO+ with 3-5 years’ work experience) Mechatronics, Electro mechanics, Software or VAPRO-C.
- Bachelor's Degree (HBO) in Mechanics, Electronics or Mechatronics, Computer Science;
- Preferred: experience in a high-tech production environment, e.g. electronics, ICT hardware, aircraft construction, precision engineering or maintenance.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve. Being creative and working together is the only way to do that. To further thrive as a system performance engineer, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills in English, good communication skills in Dutch is a plus;
- Interest in other technical and business processes;
- Independent, enterprising, purposeful and flexible;
- Service orientated and team worker;
- Structured way of working;
- Able/willing to work mainly with computers in a remote testing environment.
What do we have to offer?
- Read our labor conditions and development opportunities;
- A unique and challenging job;
- A work environment with an open culture and focus on results;
- Many opportunities for career growth;
- Courses and continuous training to develop your skills.
Please take the time to write your motivation for this specific position. Write about why you find your experience and profile matching with this vacancy. Without a motivational letter we will not process your application.
Also note that as a System Performance Engineer, you will work in 5 shifts. This includes working during nights and weekend days.
Want to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.