9 days ago - req21596
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering
In a world with an ever-increasing appetite for data, data storage and processing power, there is a strong drive to make computer chips better, faster and more energy efficient. This requires chip manufacturers to continuously shrink the size of individual devices on a chip in a pace predicted and dictated by Moore’s Law.
As a consequence, conditioning all the solid, liquid and gaseous bodies in the optical path in our scanner also becomes more demanding. We have to control temperature, geometry, flow dynamics and (particle) contamination levels within very narrow bands. Think millikelvin, nanometers, parts per trillion’s.
If we wouldn’t, the information carried by the light travelling to the wafer, could be distorted and contamination could build up on our lens surfaces, making the situation worse over time.
As Immersion analyst you provide skills and expertise on flow to the project team. You generate ideas on how to tackle technical challenges. You propose test vehicles ((rapid) proto’s) and experiments, you carry out experiments, you analyze experiments and you report on the results.
Your mission is:
- To understand the relationship between design choices on one hand and performance with respect to flow dynamics, temperature control and contamination control on the other hand, in geometries with a large range of length scales
- To understand how flow dynamics, temperature control and contamination control influence business drivers such as Overlay, Availability, Imaging Performance, Defectivity Performance
- To use this understanding for the creation of cost effective and reliable solutions to conditioning challenges
- To be a team player, willing to share knowledge, to strive for synergy, to look out for colleagues, to speak up when needed, to lend a helping hand when called for
- To strive for continuous improvement and high quality in everything we do.
As Immersion Analyst you will be part of a multi-disciplinary project team of analysts, designers, integrators, architects and simulation experts. You will be working to meet a shared goal against challenging constraints. The team will interface with other projects, manufacturing, marketing, customer support and the customer. The team’s responsibility is to provide a solution for conditioning challenges.
- In an immersion scanner we expose our customer’s wafer to a body of water, while moving the wafer. We are not allowed to wet the wafers, i.e. leave any water droplets behind, or create bubbles
- Between the reticle and the lens, there is a body of gas, that is constantly disturbed by high speed scanning motions of the reticle. DUV light is passing thru this gas, carrying information picked up from the reticle. Inleak of gas from the surroundings into the gaseous body, may disturb the image or contaminate the lens.
Working at ASML as a D&E engineer is about being part of a dynamic, fast-paced community, facing unprecedented challenges at the forefront of technology together. You will find an open environment, offering myriad possibilities to take charge of your career, to be inspired, to have fun.
EducationAt least MSc. and/or PhD in physics or mechanical engineering specialized in flow.
- Broad knowledge and experience in flow (proven track record in projects)
- Experience with planning, execution, analysis and results reporting of experiment
- Experience with CFD tools and/or CAD tools is considered a pre
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is considered a pre
- Robust personality is a must
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Team player, responsible and reliable
- Able to distinguish main matters from side issues. Able to develop a vision
- Excellent communicator
- Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion
- Convincing & speaks up personality
- Able to convey a vision (influencing without power)
- Flexible and committed.
Context of the position
ASML is organized in 3 business lines: Deep UV (DUV), Extreme UV (EUV) and Applications (Apps). The Optical Column Condition (OCC) Team is part of the Optical Column & Wafer Table Department in the DUV business line.The DUV business line is responsible for the development of new DUV Dry- and DUV Immersion products and for support and improvement of a huge installed baseline of DUV products.
OCC projects are responsible for the development of new HW and SW designs, industrialization and successful integration of these designs in the litho system and our projects provide support for issue resolution in field and factory. To do all this successfully requires close interaction with other DUV development teams (e.g. wafer table, servo, system dynamics, thermal, infrastructure, software, levelling, projection, focus and defectivity, etc..) and sectors such as Customer Support, Manufacturing, Marketing, System Engineering.
Thanks to our long history in immersion and flow modeling our influence spreads over the complete ASML-organization, since the CFD- and microfluidics competences are situated inside the OCC-team.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.