15 days ago - req21553
Senior Design Engineer (Manufacturing & Service Toolng)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Lead Design Engineer in Mechanics at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take ownership for the design of precision mechanical tools, which are reliable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture and service within the restrictions imposed by specifications, costs and planning considerations.
The Lead Design Engineer reports to the group leader Manufacturing and Service Tooling and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
Next to that, an important share of this particular role is taking part in quality initiatives in a broad area and being multi-deployable over different tooling projects, serving all business lines.
As a Lead Design Engineer you work on the design of one or more tooling developments or issues, creating designs with a small team of experts in project setting.
- Specify and design tooling for functional requirements in the area of manufacturing and service.
- Seek customers satisfaction and optimal manufacturability and serviceability.
- Comply to precision mechanical construction principles and competence standards.
- Responsible for the technical product documentation.
- Realize the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Establish supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience (i.e. mechanical design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment).
- Knowledge of precision engineering, ergonomics, dynamics, mechatronics, mechanics, high precision adjustment, position and fixation solutions is preferred.
- Experience with ASML WoW and processes is an absolute benefit.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers and (internal) customers.
- Highly effective in 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills (English).
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of tooling design.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Manufacturing and Service Tooling is responsible for the specification, engineering and qualification of tooling that is required for manufacturing and servicing of ASML modules (enabling e.g. precision adjustments, qualification, etc.)
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.