12 days ago - req21620
Mechatronic Engineer/Function Owner
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Contribute to the design of the Wafer Stage mechatronics architecture. Responsible for servo control, function design and/or total performance of the mechatronics modules such as Wafer Stage module. Meaning specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration and test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on function design, servo control performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshoot.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of a mechatronics module
- Has specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software (rapid prototyping), mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Modeling and optimizing of servo control loops
- Support of the opto-mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results
Technical University masters/PhD in Control engineering (Mechatronics/Mechanical/Electrical engineering)
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar to ASML environment
- Experience with modeling of servo control systems.
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of the Wafer Stage Mechatronics group within the Mechatronics Systems Development department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.