30+ days ago - req21698
MPS - Global Support Center Engineer - Linkou
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML’s Business Line MPS (Mature Products and Services) is responsible for the PAS platform of 200mm lithography systems, which has an annual revenue over 250 Million Euro and more than 1,800 installed systems.The 200 mm semiconductor market is mainly driven by the smartphone, automotive and industrial market segments, and shows a healthy growth for at least the coming 5 years.BL MPS has a roadmap to extend the lifetime of the PAS5500 platform until 2030, and this roadmap is driving and energizing the BL.BL MPS defines and drives the execution of a fundamental change in the way of doing business in a mature market with strong competition and acts as a pilot environment for other ASML business which will soon face similar challenges. Innovations are required in applied business models, customer interactions and way of working. These are complex topics with clear customer and revenue / margin impact. An example of a new program created by BL MPS is the introduction of a web shop and external 3rd party logistics provider for spare parts.
We provide service continuity for our customer’s matured platforms
- Participate in Service Engineering activities of 2030 lifetime-extension projects of redesigning ‘end-of-life’ parts or modules with Development & Engineering (D&E) to ensure serviceability and procedures are ready for field introduction. This including beta tests and introduction execution;
- Provide Sustaining Engineering support to the installed base on procedure and tooling by identifying improving opportunities, reviewing Improvement Proposals (IPs), manage Engineering Changes by co-working with D&E;
- Perform specialized technical services and function as point of technical expertise (whether the expertise is owned or gathered from other sources) in the competency to Customer Support Field (CSF) / Delivery Operations (DO) / Factory (LF) on-site or remotely
provide technical insights and forward-looking action plan towards resolving the issue or a containment workaround within the shortest possible time.
1. gathering all information to construct a full initial understanding of the issue,
2. use available expertise within the organization to find solutions,
3. enable each issue to have an owner and that progress is being made,
4. lead technical discussions with the (internal) customer
5. play a leading role in routing to relevant other departments / sectors regarding technical issues to have them resolved
6. monitor the status of outstanding issues
7. perform timely communication to relevant parties on the status of escalated issues
- Deliver Maintenance & Adjustments (MA) and Advanced Subjects (AS) training on MPS PAS systems (theory and hands-on) and knowledge transfer opportunities.
Bachelor or Master degree in relevant technical area (e.g.: Electronics, Computer Science, Software Engineering).
Preferably 5 or more years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer in a semiconductor (or any other relevant industrial) environment.
- Problem Solver - Contribute to clarifying the needs from (internal) customers to improve overall capability to solve problems, assist in the creation of the necessary training material to increase the knowledge level of other engineers (e.g. field applications engineers in continental organizations), work with development and use knowledge gathered from troubleshooting cases to create the necessary means and methods for others;
- Team Player - Maintain working relations with relevant contacts inside and outside the own department / sector to share knowledge, as a basis for cross-sector optimization;
- Mentoring - Provide appropriate support and assistance to less experienced ASML or local personnel as necessary;
- Keep up with relevant developments in own specialist field, teach others in own field of expertise;
The location of this job is in Taiwan
Please include your CV and motivation letter.