30+ days ago - req21624
Senior Lab Technician
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking a Senior Lab Technician to join the Wilton, CT development location. The Integration, Quality, Reliability, and Test department within ASML Wilton maintains multiple mechanical labs supporting product development by performing hands-on prototype, proof-of-concept, diagnostic and troubleshooting testing, testrig operation in cooperation with multiple engineering disciplines. This position is for a technician to perform these mechanical lab functions.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Primary responsibility will be to create, set-up, and execute tests in a consistent, repeatable, safe and efficient manner to achieve the goals of ASML development engineering focused on the design and validation of new and existing products, modules and sub-modules.Another key responsibility is to support one of ASML’s mechanical development labs which includes maintaining testing equipment, instruments, and tooling in a ready state, including but not limited to calibration tracking, configuration management of testrigs and test equipment, and safety monitoring as well as other tasks in support of projects and production operations.The third primary responsibility is ownership, planning, and scheduling activities within the lab, and maintaining the lab with a 5S environment. Basic computer skills are required for testrig control, as well as for scheduling and communicating with customers.
- Will be required to wear PPE and embrace ASML’s safety culture.
- Will be required to stand, kneel, bend, and lift objects up to 16 kilograms.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanisms, sharp objects, and hazardous energy.
- Regularly exposed to moderate noise levels in lab.
A technical degree or certificate preferred but strong mechanical aptitude and extensive training/experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5-10 years technical experience is required, including fabrication and assembly, operation, maintenance, diagnostics and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical modules and test equipment.
- Ability to work with and understand complex optical and mechatronics systems and modules.
- A background in HALT, Lifetime, and/or Reliability measurement and test is preferred.
- Strong diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Successful candidate will be a self-motivated flexible team player who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals providing technical support to D&E engineers. They must be able to communicate well with development engineers and assist them in solving problems, have leadership experience or potential, ability to teach others, and desire to work in a team environment.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability