12 days ago - req21637
Senior Systems Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology or information, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The Sr. Systems Engineer (Laser) is the technical owner for the architecture of Cymer DUV laser products: responsible for assessing, developing, validating and reviewing the system-level architecture to enable first-time customer functionality. The Systems Engineer works in a cross-functional team with Program/Project Managers, Technical Marketing, and Module Engineers to develop and productize new technologies and laser systems.
- Technology development/advancement.
- Technology assessments and trade studies.
- Requirements development and management.
- System design reviews and system integration.
- Product-specific documentation.
- Verification & validation testing.
- Structured system analysis.
- Risk analysis.
Requires a Master's Degree (Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Optics or related field) + 3 years experience. PhD. is a plus.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant, work related experience
- Extensive experimental experience and skills in laboratory environment is required.
- Has led a successfully completed project.
- Extensive experience with MATLAB or the numpy / scipy analysis suites.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and analyze data from a variety of sources, and use this data to drive risk analysis and design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform test and/or validation design.
- Experience with excimer lasers is desired.
- Practical experience with laser systems, either in manufacturing or laboratory environments is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work in a fast-moving, high-tech environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams, and provide technical leadership when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical results and report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability