30+ days ago - req21764
Mechanical Install Engineer
In a nutshell
The EUV Factory - System Install Engineer team is hiring!
To install cutting edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customers’ expectations.
- Mechanical installation, adjustment, commissioning of a complete machine;
- Install ASML equipment (NXE) at customer locations, including equipment with new features, pilot and proto systems;
- Perform complex adjustments, perform upgrades, diagnose and solve problems with limited support;
- Answer customer questions and assist customers in a professional manner;
- Transfer knowledge to local install teams and first/ second line engineers;
- Perform administrative duties including service orders, issue resolution tools, handovers, progress reporting, etc.;
- Prepare written technical reports if required to do so;
- Contribute in structural improvements for the System Install Engineering (SIE) department.
Experienced candidate (+ 2 years) with vocational degree or Bachelor fresh grad, preference candidates with hands-on experience in similar positions in mechatronics, aerospace or automotive industry
- Hands-on experience in a high tech production or customer service environment, e.g. electronics, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, aerospace or automotive engineering is required;
- Proven affinity with assembling and troubleshooting is essential;
- The preference is not given to candidates who only have work experience in precision/ fine mechanical assembly. A mix between gross and fine mechanics is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with focus on understanding, supporting, and influencing others;
- Fluent in English, both in word and writing;
- Safety first!;
- ‘First time right’ mentality;
- Passion for hands-on engineering challenges;
- Understanding the details without losing track of the bigger picture (helicopter view);
- Remain a structured way of working in a dynamic environment;
- Stress resistant;
- Team player.
Context of the position
- Acknowledges the need to work safe at all times;
- High level of technical understanding and commitment to self-learning;
- Being open minded, team player, and be able to use your own initiative;
- Troubleshooting and solving system failures. Note: utilizing your own system knowledge and engineering techniques including contacting support when required;
- Able to speak / read / write English in order to support complex technical escalations;
- Drives to achieve high quality of work;
- Being an ambassador for ASML during and outside of work;
- Ability to work in flexible shift patterns in VHV and at customer site;
- Commitment to remain within the install department for at least 3 years.
When not working abroad, the engineer is expected to assist Factory operations with the assembly integration, qualification and prepack (=de-assembly + preparing for shipment).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel.
We only consider candidates who have uploaded an updated version of their CV and a cover letter stating their motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.