30+ days ago - req21836
Computer Systems Platform Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded computer hardware? We might be looking for you!
Are you challenged by the architecture and associated hardware for new and existing computer systems* that are embedded in the ASML products? Are you motivated to find a matching replacement for COTS part that needs to be replaced? Are you able to get the correct specifications for the next generation of control system and internal network for the ASML product? We want to speak with you!
* Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The Computing Platform Designer is responsible forthe following:
- Participate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in amultidisciplinary design team.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systemselectronics products.
- Participate in the design and realization of computer systemselectronics products.
- Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocksbased on knowledge of existing
- Commercially Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions andindustry standards.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systemselectronics products satisfy the requirements.
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st productintegration.
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
- Interface with software designers, but you will NOT write softwareyourself.
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering,Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
- Experience or affinity with designing embedded computer systems.
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E)of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of theproducts in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the clusterElectronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization,qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules withinthese products.
Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE)is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers,storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture andcomponents).
The Designer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
What is working at ASML like?Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete &recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process yourapplication without the above mentioned documents.