30+ days ago - req21850
EF PS Production Engineer Optics
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
A very interesting position for an engineer who feels challenged in improving the production processes to ensure our product quality, improved lead-times, high efficiency, and a ‘short time to market’ for the EUV Factory (Manufacturing and Installs).
Your job mission is to design, maintain, and optimize production processes and adapt to changed output requirements. You will develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process, support Manufacturing and Installs in order to ensure our product quality, improved lead-times, high efficiency, and a ‘short time to market’.
As EF PS Production Engineer Optics, you are mainly focusing on the optical column of our machine, with a focus on the Dynamic Links & Dynamics. In this role you will interact with various competences and work centers.
As EF Production Engineer you will contribute to the four main PE drivers:
- Decrease cycle time;
- Decrease cost;
- Increase efficiency;
- Increase quality.
You will have a constant attention for safety.
- Continuously adapt, optimize operating instructions, process flow charts, routings, process parameters and indicators;
- Analyze the production processes (Cycle-Time and Labor Hours), point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and initiate their implementation, often in close cooperation with other departments as Development, Supply Chain, and Customer Support.
- Contribute to the rapid solution of complex faults and take the necessary initiatives and practical decisions;
- For regular support, stand-by might be needed.
New Product Introduction:
- Uses his knowledge in product or process development projects, to foresee production problems in the design phase and improve the manufacturability of the product;
- You are actively involved in the release for volume take over from D&E to Manufacturing.
Although working from a competence group, flexibility is expected, to secure the EF output plans and cycle time roadmaps.
Bachelor or Master in Mechatronics, Mechanical- or Electrical Engineering or comparable.
- Preferably 2 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably in both assembly and test environment;
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing is an advantage;
- Experience in the field of Technical Production Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convince others;
- Flexible, ability to cope with stress;
- Broad technical and business knowledge;
- Strong analytical mind;
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement;
- Team player;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Show initiative;
- Adequate English language skills in speech and writing;
- Dutch language skills are a pre.
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Production Engineering (EF PS PE) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location).
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of EF PS Production Engineering.
We will only consider candidates who submit their CV and cover letter stating their motivation to apply for this specific role at ASML.