30+ days ago - req21893
Lead Senior Lab Technician
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking a Lead Senior Lab Technician to join the Wilton, CT development location. Within our Design and Engineering (D&E) organization, the Integration, Quality, Reliability, and Test department maintains several, monodisciplinary, multidisciplinary, and functional labs, supporting product development. This is done by performing hands-on prototype, proof-of-concept, diagnostic and troubleshooting testing, and testrig operation in cooperation with multiple engineering disciplines.This position is for a senior level technician to perform these lab functions for about 50% of their time and provide leadership support for the lab technician team within the Hardware and Test Center Group.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This position will have two key responsibilities; as a support leader and as a Lab Owner. The leadership role will require analyzing, planning, and guiding the D&E Technician team to meet the team objectives and support our customers. As a Lab Owner, the responsibilities will be to create, set-up, and execute tests in a consistent, repeatable, safe and efficient manner to achieve the goals of ASML development engineering focused on the design and validation of new and existing products, modules and sub-modules. In addition, maintaining testing equipment, instruments, and tooling in a ready state, including but not limited to calibration tracking, configuration management of testrigs and test equipment, and safety monitoring as well as other tasks in support of projects and production operations. The third primary responsibility is ownership, planning, and scheduling activities within the lab. Basic computer skills are required for testrig control, as well as for scheduling and communicating with customers. In addition, maintaining a 5S work methodology within the lab.
- Plan, prepare and support lab services relating to national standards and ASML policies.
- Establish, execute, review and evaluate lab procedures and policies.
- Evaluate lab performance against key performance indicators (KPIs) and execute on solutions for improvement.
- Oversee effort to maintain laboratory records, reports and files.
- Support Group Lead with laboratory activities and operation.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate capital equipment.
- Analyze and suggest selected purchase equipment and monitor maintenance and service agreement.
- Manage laboratory purchase of inventory, storage and supplies usage.
- Manage and resolve administrative and technical problems.
- Will be required to wear PPE and embrace ASML’s safety culture.
- Will be required to stand, kneel, bend, and lift objects up to 16 kilograms.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanisms, sharp objects, and hazardous energy.
- Regularly exposed to moderate noise levels in lab.
A technical degree or certificate preferred but strong mechanical aptitude and extensive training/experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 5-10 years technical experience is required, including fabrication and assembly, operation, maintenance, diagnostics and troubleshooting of complex mechanical and electrical modules and test equipment.
- 2-5 years of experience supervising a lab, including planning, space allocation, managing lab purchase of inventory, storage and supplies usage, as well as, providing input to capitol and annual budgets.
- Minimum of 2 years of test experience with environmental chambers and/or shaker tables.
- A background in HALT, Lifetime, and/or Reliability measurement and test is preferred.
- Team leadership and building experience is preferred.
- Organized, goal oriented, and a self-starter, who works well in a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with and understand complex optical and mechatronics systems and modules.
- Strong diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Successful candidate will be a self-motivated flexible team player who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals providing technical support to D&E engineers. They must be able to communicate well with development engineers and assist them in solving problems, have leadership experience or potential, ability to teach others, and desire to work in a team environment.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability