30+ days ago - req21896
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Mechatronics Engineer in the EUV Reticle Positioning Mechatronics group of the Mechatronics and Measurement US department with concentration in precision mechatronics control.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV Reticle Positioning Mechatronics Group, a division of ASML’s Mechatronics and Measurement Department, in Wilton CT is seeking a well-rounded junior engineer. This position will involve working on mechatronics, sub-nanometer linear motion control, product and system integration and software functionality, all specific to ASML products. The main focus will be mechatronics and control systems on advanced modules in lithography tools. Travel (~10%) to Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected.
The job requires a strong technical individual contributor to:
- Technically own and drive the decisions necessary to complete the tasks.
- Work with designers from supporting engineering disciplines in order to converge on an overall design solution.
- Autonomously gather necessary information to conceive and propose options in order to meet the sub-module and sub-system level requirements.
- Interface with module architects to derive requirements for the sub-modules.
- Write performance specification documents at sub-module level and feed sub-budgets down to the lower levels.
- Create sub-module level test protocol docs and subsequent test result analysis to prove sub-module and sub-system level performance specs are met.
- Understand and be able to communicate the implication of sub-module level errors on higher module level performance and on other sub-modules.
- Clearly communicate technical performance in both written and verbal presentations to stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the deliverables to the project: on time delivery to specified performance at the right quality.
- Create and manage plans for the deliverables to the project, ensure alignment with the project plan.
- Interface with field service teams at customer sites and in house production to solve escalations (quickly create action plans, analyze data, drive root cause analysis, determine containments and structural solutions as needed).
Minimum BS in engineering with an emphasis on mechatronic system design and controls, or equivalent experience.
- Masters/PhD degree preferred.
- Candidate should have direct experience in the design and test of mechatronic systems and control systems, preferably in the area of multi-stage linear motion.
- Candidate must have strong communicative skills with a commitment to achieving results on time.
- Candidate shall be a demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
- MATLAB, Simulink skills are required with ideally some subset of FEA, CAD, Thermal and other modeling tools.
- Ability to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team. Willingness to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training. Capability to thoroughly investigate technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab environment).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability