30+ days ago - req21824
Senior Business Controller Development & Engineering
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
We are hiring a Business Controller who will contribute in our expected opportunity to grow net sales towards EUR 20 billion in the next few years.
Would you enjoy the challenge of enabling effective decision making and cross sector execution of project, program and portfolio management for both business / operational aspects as well as financial? ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
As D&E Business Controller you act as a strong business partner on all levels, by managing and deploying cross sector, operational measures and processes within the D&E organization of ASML. Your focus will be on driving change that improves the efficiency of the D&E organization and related (financial) processes. You are responsible for creating, coordinating and maintaining improvement initiatives and drive a finance mindset throughout the D&E organization.
- Partner with and drive the business to achieve their short term and long term objectives, on a total spend of around 2.5bn Euro;
- Drive performance in the D&E capability portfolio and provide insight-driven analyses to satisfy the need for management information;
- Drive efficiency in the R&D Research portfolio;
- Drive effectiveness in spending for the major cost drivers of D&E such as IT;
- Participate in business improvement projects and prepare or validate the business cases;
- Identify (business and financial) risks and opportunities;
- Drive the monthly, yearly and long term Financial Planning and control processes within the D&E organization
- Main interfaces of the D&E Business Controller are the D&E EVP, all VPs in D&E and their direct reports, regions across the globe, other Controllers, Accounting and Reporting offices.
- Undergraduate in Business and Economics or equivalent, plus Master in Business Administration or equivalent
- Recognized professional controller qualification (i.e. RC) or accountancy qualification (i.e. RA) is a plus
- Fluent in English and at least one additional European language
To qualify for this challenging position, you need:
- 15 years in Finance roles, in mid- to large-size international industrial companies, preferably in complex technology businesses
- Track record in business control at business unit, divisional or group level.
- Familiarity with budget processes; direct involvement in providing financial analytical and risk assessment support in large scale projects.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate complex business issues into clear messages
- Maintain personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty
- Ability to guide and advise at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change and improving the process maturity level of the organization
- Team player, enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently
- Own quality and be guided by awareness of customer impact
- Business acumen
- Ability to connect people, negotiate, challenge at various levels in the organization
- Getting things done in large organizations. This could be reflected by leading projects with many stakeholders including but not limited to include post-merger integration, acquisitions and business process transformation
Context of the position
This position reports to the Head of R&D business control, PMO Means & Methods and D&E Business Management Office.
The Business Controllers are supported by the Planning, Reporting and Analysis corporate team. Your position has high visibility within and outside the Finance organization.
Fitting the profile above and interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter detailing your motivation to join ASML in this particular role.