30+ days ago - req21863
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of this position is to transfer technical knowledge and technical skills to our Field Service Engineers to successfully operate, service and troubleshoot our laser products.Our customer rely on our ability to provide quality service and maintain our lasers operational within performance specifications for their process.Our Field Service Engineers capabilities are directly responsible for the performance of our laser and our ability to effectively and efficiently deliver quality training is essential to their success.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
This role is on the Cymer (CLS) DUV division of ASML. Tasks include delivering training courses for external and internal customers on highly technical laser systems and independently designs and develops training curriculum for classroom, teleconference or online delivery. Training tasks include:
- Deliver in-house, onsite, and online training for Cymer’s internal and external customers
- Conduct technical knowledge and skills training for field service engineers and technical support engineers
- Serve as a multiple platform Subject Matter Expert (SME) as defined by product offerings.Examples include, but not limited to:XLR 500/600/700/800 lasers, XLA 100/200/300/400 lasers, and 5000/6000/7000 (ArF & KrF) single chamber lasers
- Perform service, maintenance and troubleshooting on department lasers to maintain a ready for training status.
- Utilize test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DVMs, power meters and beam analysis tools
- Provide SME input towards designing and developing training for effective flow and effective delivery
- Select, create or develop teaching aids such as simulators, static displays or media to improve comprehension
- Represent the department as a SME for rapid development projects to address field training needs
- Assist cross-functional groups with laser operations, technical source material and data gathering
- Enforce all safety policies and procedure to ensure safe environment for training
- Collect and analyze data for troubleshooting purposes as part of training delivery and laser maintenance
- Participate with cross-functional departments to resolve training department laser issues
- Assist other departments such as engineering, manufacturing and FA with laser support and SME input
Although the primary responsibility is technical training, this position is also responsible for developing curriculum, curriculum and revision. Curriculum development and maintenance skills include:
- Knowledge of instructional system design such as ADDIE and SAM
- Participate in needs analysis studies to determine training requirements for the field
- Design course objectives and schedules to meet training requirements and load requirements into LMS
- Conduct technical reviews and validations of processes, procedures and curriculum
- Support and participate in the development of interactive, computer-based, asynchronous training products using rapid development tools from Articulate, Adobe and Techsmith.
- Prepare design concepts, flow diagrams and storyboards
- Create technical source material, screen captures and audio/video recordings
- Develop course and curriculum outlines and determine course delivery method:individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings or workshops
- Actively participate in all phases of the curriculum development process from the planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating
- Strong technical background with Bachelor’s degree in Workforce Education or other related Technical Field; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant, work related experience in technical training with large scale capital equipment, field service or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience in leading successful training session and development projects.
- Experience developing / creating training curriculum.
- Familiar with collecting and analyzing data for troubleshooting purposes as part of training delivery and equipment maintenance.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with data collection and data analysis from various laser platforms
- Experience with audio/video equipment
- Experience with development tools such as Storyline, Captivate, Photoshop etc..
- Experience with Learning Management Systems as a user or administrator – i.e.. Cornerstone, or compatible.
- Skilled in performing service, maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment maintaining a ready for training status.
- Highly adaptable to new processes and tools; quick learner
- Work independently to manage high rate of change and large volume of work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented, continuously striving to improve quality of output
- Able to conceptualize how technical components can be recreated as drawings in the context of procedures
- Keen problem solving skills, applying creativity and innovation
- Exceptional team working and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability