30+ days ago - req21947
Marketing - Regional Strategic Marketing Director - Hsinchu
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
ASML is at the leading edge of enabling the semiconductor industry – a key component of the digital economy. We invent and develop complex technology and machinery used to create transistors and computing chips. With long product cycles, it is essential that ASML has strategic insight from our Customers and the semiconductor ecosystem. The Regional Strategic Marketing Director will work toensure long term ASML business success through understanding of market and technology changes and ensuring current and future ASML products and strategy are aligned to meet Customer requirements.
- Lead team of field strategic marketing managers in Taiwan and China representing multiple strategic Customers of ASML
- Support aligning long-term customer roadmaps and node requirements (nodes N+2 and beyond) with ASML solutions (target systems and configurations) addressing both technical and cost performance.
- Align Customer capacity scenarios to end market demand and align market opportunity for new and installed systems extending the horizon beyond account team’s visibility
- Develop an in-depth understanding of customer business objectives and targets and translate this into negotiation targets for ASML
- Identify, investigate and strategize the impact of market and technology developments on ASML’s future business and opportunities. Ensure embedding in ASML’s corporate strategy.
- Develop and align competition analysis and competitive positioning strategy
- Develop and align Customer specific value and ROI analysis
- Drive voice of Customer in ASML long-term strategy process
- Works closely together with account teams, business lines, and corporate strategy
- Align insights over multiple regions and assess impact on Taiwan/China of extra-regional developments
In this position you will be driving influence across broad business processes within ASML. Your sphere of influence includes among others:
- Product positioning and value recognition at customers within specific region / account focus in addition to influencing ASML’s product portfolio and corporate strategy
- Roadmap alignment with Customers on existing and future products and patterning processes
- Long-term business development strategy within specific region / account focus area
MSc or PhD in Engineering or Physical Science; MBA desirable
- Extensive industry experience (semiconductor processing)
- Recognized industry professional with broad understanding of semiconductor technology and markets
- Experience of Lithography systems and customer application strongly preferred.
- Marketing or commercial experience an advantage
- Deep analytical skills.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Excellent communicator – including bridging across cultures.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and manage with influence.
- Ability to build bridges across disciplines, both on an executive level, and on an expert technical level.
Achieve great results:
- Drives to optimize priorities to have the most impact toward ASML and Customers
- Integrate the facts, opinions and interests of all relevant stakeholders to communicate the whole picture
- Remains persistent and follows up on issues until problems are solved, even beyond own area of responsibility in order to meet Customer needs
- Defines efficient structures and processes, simplifies work methods or operations to improve performance and deliver results in order to reach agreed goals
- Delivers results in time for key decision to be taken. Monitors progress and measures results and overcomes barriers by reacting to changing environmental factors at an early stage; escalates if targets cannot be met
- Excellent commercial / customer skills
Shape the future:
- Has an open mind for new developments and trends also related to areas beyond own expertise and deduces recommendations for improvements; supports continuous improvement initiatives and looks for opportunities for disruptive improvement
- Thinks beyond own organization in order to leverage new insights; takes on a holistic perspective on issues and considers customers in doing so
- Thinks out of the box and delivers creative new insights
Motivate others and cooperate:
- Communicates clearly, concisely and directly to peers and customers as well as executives, listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals
- Develops and nurtures effective working relationships at different organizational levels both within ASML and externally
- Detects (potential) conflicts, addresses them openly and facilitates solutions in order to achieve alignment
- Respected internally / externally for customer / product and industry knowledge
Leverage own strength:
- Stays focused in highly demanding circumstances and maintains personal effectiveness despite barriers, set-backs or in situations of high uncertainty; proactively adapts plans and behaviors to remain flexible and open to change
- Involves self in issues; is proactive and takes initiative even beyond own area of expertise
- Is able to inspire changes in thinking in a dynamic multi-cultural, cross functional environment
Context of the position
- The Strategic marketing group provides Customer and external insights that guide ASML’s overall product portfolio. This sector works closely together with the business lines (product owners) and the account teams.
- Regional Marketing Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Worldwide Field Marketing and interfaces internally with Account Management, Business Lines, Customer Support (Application Business Support), etc. and externally with the technical & management interfaces at the customer.