26 days ago - req21904
Release Train Engineer for Wafer Stage
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you want to be part of a breakthrough change and make the difference? Do you want to develop, coach and guide a large group of people towards an Agile organization? In ASML we are in the transformation of moving to a Scaled Agile environment. We need engaged Release Train Engineers who help us in this transformation and stay and strive for continuous structural improvements. If you want to be part of a high performing team, we invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
Within ASML the Release Train Engineer (RTE) is the recognized Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) expert and SAFe competence owner, who orchestrates the agile teams through the ceremonies in an Agile Release Train. The RTE together with the Chief Product Owner ensures great performance of the train and provides full transparency on what is going on in the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE has regular communication to teams & stakeholders and ensure stakeholders are being managed and teams stay engaged.
As RTE, you are responsible to ensure that the Agile Release Train (ART) is setup in the most optimal way for fast and high quality delivery. You guide the people in the train to ensure that the ART is improving itself and will become excellent. Together with the scrum masters you ensure SAFe competence development.
You ensure that the ART stays on track with their deliverables (e.g. manage escalations / changing priorities). You measure and report on the performance and identifies improvements for the ART itself. In the end, the RTE is responsible for Delivery Excellence within the ART.
As Release Train Engineer you are responsible for:
- Creating transparency and alignment on ART status by setting up, coordinate and facilitating ART ceremonies
- Optimizing flow by tracking, reporting, measuring ART performance and installing continuous integration/delivery
- Ensuring fast delivery of the ART by removing ART impediments and managing ART dependencies
- Ensuring optimal guidance and excellence for the teams by coaching and developing the Scrum Masters and align the way of working across teams
- Ensure delivery excellence by keeping the ART stable and shielding it from external interferences
- Provide analyses of current (work)processes, evaluate bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in processes and procedures
- Minimize blockers for ART progress by managing the risks
Technical University Masters in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics.
- Professional experience in SAFe (SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification is a pre)
- 5-10 years experience as RTE or Scrum Master in Agile environment
- Extensive knowledge sharing on Agile, Lean and SAFe
- Experience with design and implementation of complex change and improvement projects within an international and complex environment
- Large group facilitation and overseeing the bigger picture
- Proactive problem solving
- Courageous to deliver the truth, even if it’s not what people want to hear
- Situational leadership, feels ownership/responsible and deals fairly with everyone
- Planning & organizing skills
- Change leadership, continuous improvement and process management
- Domain / business knowledge preferable
- Excellent communicator, being able to influence, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change
- Focus on collaboration on across dependencies and results
- Coaching on agile practices and behavior for everybody on the ART with a high focus on developing other people to help people & teams grow
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the Scrum Masters and protect the teams
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty
- Be open, transparent, courageous and express trust
- Being disruptive where needed and say “NO” when required, breaking ineffective patterns to ensure focus is kept and keep the teams from getting distracted
- Creating commitment within the organization
- Awareness on content/technical level to keep the train on track
- Drive program level continuous improvement
- Encourage train level thinking and prevent sub-optimization. Challenge the trains in view of the Agile KPIs towards greater efficiency
Context of the position
As the RTE, you work closely with the scrum masters in the train, the relevant architect and the Chief Product Owner to ensure that the Agile Release Train stays on track and improves in performance. You ensure alignment with other RTE’s. In that sense, the teams in the ART are the suppliers for the RTE. Main customers for deliverables are in the line of the Product Development Manager, Project Cluster Manager, Project Leads, Factory & Customer Support.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most importantly a chance to be part of progress. The Release Train Engineer is positioned in the DUV mechatronic Wafer stage positioning department.
The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements.Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.