26 days ago - req21951
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Tactical Buyer is part of the Global Operations Procurement group in San Diego. In this role the Sr. Tactical Buyer is an essential part of the Purchasing function in the achieving operational goals and objectives. Will review and analyze purchase requisitions.
Coordinates purchasing activities, processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders, and reviews quotes from suppliers.Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity.Proactively work with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability.Requires domestic or global expertise .
The Tactical Buyer will also participate and explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
- Independently manages more suppliers (extension of total suppliers)
- Increased stakeholder management within ASML, like understanding business needs and support in solving issues and development
- Translates business needs and improvements towards suppliers
- Supplier development conform SPFT guidance
- Manages suppliers expectations towards ASML business
- Decreases of operational activities for PAM
- Provides (weekly) reports on performance against plans
- From single and dual sourcing of commodities to dual sourcing of strategic products
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2} years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- APICS or NAPM certification a plus.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as Oracle or SAP
- Experience using product configuration management software such as Agile is preferred.
- Is able to negotiate on a more matures level (e.g. can apply multiple negotiation strategies depending client relationship, buy level, ASML strategy and internal stakeholders)
- Is able to apply and improve standard work instructions/ procedures, comes up with solutions and execute the solutions
- Is able to work according standards in a structural way
- Has technical knowledge within SAT and is able to explain to junior colleagues
- Understands and explains about QLTC on a mature level (knows the "why" and "how")
- Understands and explains Cost of goods breakdowns on a mature level (knows the underlying values) Coaches junior buyers in understanding the processes and procedures
- Has high level/in-depth SAP knowledge and experience
- Is able to signal, escalate, initiate a solution and solve the problem
- Is able to manage more complex and critical suppliers and critical relationships
- Is able to manage more internal relationships
- Understands and explains the organization structure, the hierarchy and critical relations
- Explains and trains junior colleagues in "operational procurement in the broadest sense of the word"
- Is able to communicate clearly and effectively, especially towards internal stakeholders (e.g. translates and explains business priorities and ASML strategy towards suppliers)
- Is able to present solutions and convinces team members, supervisors and/ or suppliers
- Balances and combines operational and tactical workload
- Coaches junior buyers
- Has regularly contact with key interfaces and knows the specifics per supplier
- Acts as a role model to all colleagues
Proven leadership skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee is required to move around the campus regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability