30+ days ago - req22051
Dynamics Architect (Mechanical Development)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
As a Mechanical Development Engineer you are responsible for the development of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements, e.g. manufacturability, costs of goods, serviceability, lifetime and reliability.
- You will use your knowledge about material properties and design principles in combination with dynamic and static analyses skills.
- You will work on vibration isolation systems, tuned mass dampers and bearing modules.
- You will be asked to translate system and functional requirements into design concepts within the available solution space.
- You will be asked to investigate and challenge the feasibility of new concepts: prototypes and test setups might be necessary to get the right answers and data.
- You will use state of the art design methods and analyses tools in a multidisciplinary team.
- You will join at least one competence group where experiences and knowledge are shared with other ASML colleagues.
- You will be challenged to contribute to a learning organization: you will have the opportunity to visit the factory and talk to (internal) customers that work on modules that are developed by your team.
- Your goal is to deliver the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field of study.
- You have at least three years of experience and understanding of (high-) precision mechanics and mechanical design principles;
- You have experience working in a demanding, complex technical multi-disciplinary environment;
- Experience in 3D CAD is required, NX experience is preferred.
- You have a strong drive to bring innovative ideas to the table, challenge ideas, discuss ideas and improve ideas;
- You thrive in an international multicultural setting;
- You are business fluent in English.
Context of the position
ASML provides chipmakers with everything they need - hardware, software and services - to mass produce patterns on silicon, helping to increase the value and lower the cost of a chip. Our key technology is the lithography system, which brings together high-tech hardware and advanced software to control the chip manufacturing process down to the nanometer.
Our Development and Engineering department defines, develops and realizes the industry-leading lithography systems ASML is famous for. Responding to customer needs, multi-disciplinary teams take ground-breaking ideas from customer goal through technical concept to working prototype.
All of the world’s top chipmakers like Samsung, Intel and TSMC use our technology, enabling the waves of innovation that help tackle the world’s toughest challenges.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.