13 days ago - req22050
Lead Engineer Imaging Mechanics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you enjoy designing, building and testing mechanical systems? Do you want to expand your professional skill set into other disciplines? And do you enjoy interacting with many different people, enthusing them with ideas and motivating them to
contribute? If so, this could be the ideal career step for you!
Your mission will be to make a positive impact on the entire company – because you will be working at the heart of the ASML machine, right in the light path. That’s one of the many reasons this position offers direct challenge and virtually real-time feedback job satisfaction. You will be expected to use not only your hard-skill technical expertise to engineer on a practical scale, but also your soft-skill people techniques to enthuse and motivate others. In addition, because ASML projects are always multidisciplinary, you will also be expected to develop new technical skills beyond you own area of expertise, so this position offers plenty of 360º professional growth. Which means that in addition to the challenges of mechanical engineering - designing, building and prototype testing – you will also consider other factors such as electronics, software, environmental control and infrastructural requirements for example.
You will contribute to the development of products by specification, concept study, volume control, interface definition, design, mechanical calculations (FEM), technical product documentation, qualification, integration and test execution of mechanical modules or subsystems within the light path of the system. In particular you will:
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions. Specify
and design the (sub-)modules and/or tooling to realize the required performance.
- To achieve this, you will use state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective
- Drive the qualification of the design by specifying tests, designing and realizing the test
- Continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical engineering.
- At least 7 – 10 years of working experience in a complex technical multi-disciplinary
- Well educated in the application of construction principles and accurate position principles of
- Ability to design concepts, have a pragmatic attitude and capability to translate concepts into
practical designs that meet the specified requirements.
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools is required, preferably Siemens NX, Teamcenter and SAP R3.
- Very good technical skills with a pragmatic attitude.
- Creative thinking capability and self-propelling.
- Critical on results.
- Good communicational skills, team player and good knowledge of the English language.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.