22 days ago - req22013
Product Owner Software DUV
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Are you ready for your next challenge, looking for growth, want to be proud of team achievements and to be part of the progress? If YES, join ASML Metrology!
Our metrology software needs to support increasingly complex solutions. We are looking for a Product Owner to join our team. As Product Owner of metrology, you have opportunity to collaborate with others to design high-quality software that allows fast and efficient delivery of metrology functions.
ASML is leading in the worldwide development, production and sales of high end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. Together with system enhancement software solutions, they help chipmakers achieve the best performance in mass production. Worldwide over 20.000 people work at ASML, with locations in the United States, Asia and the head office in Veldhoven. The employees of ASML share the passion for technology with a customer focus.
At ASML one works continuously to further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems. Our Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. It is the brain of ASML lithography systems. To ensure ever shrinking of the integrated circuits printed by ASML machines, we need people who can help us build next-generation metrology products.
The software metrology groups interact with each other and with the system enhancement software solutions groups on a project basis. These groups are composed of software engineers and architects who design, implement, test and maintain software according to functional specifications.
Your main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Align with stakeholders on requirements, planning and delivery.
- End2end ownership of team deliverables; the team is responsible for the delivery
- Balances ASML priorities at team level: (system) function roadmap, program deliverables, architecture, factory and field feedback
- Creates long term plan incl estimate to completion for his team and aligns it with Solution Owners
- Manages (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations
- Manages triple constraint
- Communicates and sets the priorities of the team backlog and ensure the scrum team understands why it is important for ASML
- Cooperates with the Scrum Master to drive the team towards results and identify team improvements
- Teams up with other (Chief) Product Owners to align on priorities of the Agile Release Train (ART) and team backlog
- Slices the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team
- Prepares the team backlog for the upcoming sprint and ensures its properly prioritized for the next iteration
- Quality product wise (acceptance as customer); facilitates the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables
- Works with the Chief Product Owner to understand priorities for the next Program Increment (PI), prepares the team backlog for PI planning and breaks down the larger work items into small ones
- Ensures that backlog items have requirements, acceptance criteria and ensures that the team understands them
- Reporting to Group Leader, operationally to Chief Product Owner and Project Leads / Epic Owners
You have Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, systems engineering, or equivalent.
- Over 2 years’ experience as a Product Owner and 5 years’ experience as a software engineer in a multidisciplinary setting.
- Proven track record in managing (multidisciplinary) team deliverables, risks, dependencies (in- and outside the ART), x-sector deliverables, co-developers and suppliers (delivery, time, cost), stakeholders and escalations.
- Slicing the work into smaller valuable pieces in close collaboration with the team.
- Preparing the team backlog for the upcoming Program Increment and sprint and ensures its properly prioritized.
- Quality product wise (acceptance as customer); facilitated the evaluation and acceptance of the sprint deliverables
- A proven track-record in programming languages like C,C++ and Python.
- Extensive experience with automated testing like Google Test.
- An understanding of mathematical and physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs.
- Write good code and catch bugs and style issues in code reviews.
- Skilled in UML, Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with software development tools like JIRA, Git, Jenkins.
- Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience with Linux
- Positive, pro-active and solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player; collaborates closely with other teams and developers.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Minimal Viable Product mindset
- Acts as the voice of the customer and communicates why deliverables are important
- Is present to answer questions from the team
- Makes sound decisions to give direction to the team
- Looks forward to the next iteration, breaking down the large work items into small ones
- Contributes to refinement of the work items
- Ensures focus of the team on PI deliverables and keeps the team from getting distracted
- Challenges the team in view of the Agile key performance indicators towards greater efficiency
- Chairs the team demo
- Prioritized and clear deliverables on the team backlog
- Long term plan incl estimate to completion for his team
- Breakdown of large work items into smaller ones
- Acceptance criteria for the work items
- A list of work items on the backlog for the next program increment, in line with the program increment planning and train backlog
- Informed and aligned stakeholders on the status of deliverables
- Managed dependencies, escalates to Chief Product Owner
- Acceptance of team deliverables
- Experience with Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience with Continues Integration and Continuous Delivery.