11 days ago - req22182
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
The department Corporate Real Estate (CRE) is the Landlord of all ASML offices and industrial sites worldwide. We facilitate ASML employees, our factories, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment. The Corporate Real Estate Organization is responsible for new build, rebuild, operation and maintenance of the ASML infrastructure, installations and buildings.
We are looking for an Internal Cost Specialist to support Project Managers, Program Managers and Business Partners in Real Estate cost estimation, tender analysis received from third parties, project budget forecasting and financial project reporting.
As Cost Specialist you will be part of the CRE Projects team. The Project Management team is responsible for both brown and green field construction and renovation projects which are executed in several programs. The projects are multidisciplinary, technical complex, covering longer time-lapse or fast track, complex stakeholder management.
The Cost Specialist knows the answer what the total costs is of an activity, project or investment proposal for the high complex projects executed by CRE.
You are responsible for the development of a cost engineering database, processes and tools. During the initiation phase, you support the Program Managers and Project Managers in drawing up initial project budgets in order to be able to make investment decisions.
During the implementation phase you advise the project manager and purchasing manager on the RFQ and received tenders. You identify savings opportunities and risks during all phases of the project. The cost database is maintained by storing the received information in the database. You also coordinate external costs consultants hired on major projects
To show independencies between projects in a program you prepare milestone schedules.
- Setup of a cost database and maintaining the data base
- Working in conjunction with project teams to implement tools and methods to ensure project control (cost, schedule, change management and progress reporting)
- Assessing and advise on cost estimates received from contractors and engineering firms
- Assist the CRE project manager and procurement manager in defining the RFQ and negotiations with contractors
- Preparation of milestone schedules and budget estimates
- Involvement in cost risk analyses, bench marks and cost reduction exercises.
- Monitoring leading indicators and trends to provide early warning of opportunities and threats to project managers and directors
- Liaising with CRE project controllers for financial reporting.
- Coordinating any future cost consultants that will be hired as the need arises
- Monitoring and maintaining overall monthly project cost reports and forecasts in close cooperation with the CRE project controller
- Maintaining schedule oversight on the different programs within CRE, understanding and tracking interconnecting milestones and constraint
- Supporting implementation of target value delivery during estimation phases
- Supporting project financial close-out requirements including asset definition and valuation
- Value engineering and value management
- Affinity or knowledge with both civil works and utilities
Bachelor’s/Masters degree in an engineering discipline (addition with Business Administration or finance is a pre)
- A minimum of five years’ project engineering experience with both client and engineering design organization
- A minimum of at least seven years’ experience in cost estimating and scheduling
- Preferable experience with facilities for high-tech industries
- Experience balancing and organizing multiple projects or assignments
- Strong IT and data skills, including MS Project, Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of progress measurement methods and understanding of earned value system
- Dutch proficiency is a must for this position due to the extensive contact with Dutch speaking stakeholders
- Open mindset, and willingness to do more with data
- Ability to present technical information in simple, non-technical terms
- Well-organized, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- A self-starter
Context of the position
Reports to: Director Projects Corporate Real Estate
Interfaces: CRE management, CRE Project and Program Managers, CRE Competence Specialists, ASML Procurement, Contractors, ASML stakeholders.
Only applications via the system will be taken into procedure, please apply with your resume and cover letter