30 days ago - req22101
Customer Support EUV Expert Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionThe Customer Support (CS) Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Upgrades Team travels the world advancing the creation of tomorrow’s microchips.
We upgrade EUV lithography equipment with ASML’s cutting edge innovations in semiconductor production. To support leading semi-conductor companies (ASML’s customers) and to receive the latest training on the quickly evolving EUV technology, our staff travels to various locations around the globe including Taiwan, South Korea, the Netherlands, and the United States. The CS EUV Upgrades Team is a force driving maximum performance and availability for ASML’s customers, paving the way to bringing smaller and faster microchips to people’s everyday life.
As an Expert Engineer, you are crucial to the success of an upgrade on an EUV system by executing the critical/specialized actions. You are the person on the front line to perform highly complex hard/software actions. You have the ownership to gather knowledge of new content and be responsible to keep your knowledge up to date with the latest features.
You will be seen as technical expert in the fab as well as outside the fab. You take the responsibility and accountability towards the stakeholders by having planned alignment meeting with your stakeholders in D&E, Integration and Functional Clusters. On top of that, you are an ambassador for ASML as you are working for and at our customers' sites around the globe.
- Execute complex and critical hard & software actions on module level and perform system setup during highly complex upgrade packages and high risk field swaps.
- Gather in-depth technical knowledge upfront (encourage cross-sector collaboration with factory work centers or supporting departments) before the assignments. Takes ownership and initiatives to gain detailed technical knowledge based on a self-assessment after each
- upgrade and define the areas to improve.
- Provide feedback (and actively follow-up) towards your stakeholders to improve safety, quality, cycle time and performance, utilize the zero error repeat concept during upgrade executions, and perform post upgrade recovery and analysis together with your team of specialists.
- Due to the buildup knowledge on module level, you are able to deliver adhoc and remote support in case of hard down of customer tools and be the point of contact for questions from local teams regarding issues on the module level. Take ownership during home based work to be up-to-date on the pending low volume and specific service actions during upgrades/field escalations.
- Active participation in Continuous Improvement projects to improve the product maturity and improve your own working environment by being the voice of the field towards your stakeholders.
- Prepare for actions in the fab according to defined and accepted, efficient and effective ways of working since most actions have direct impact on critical path of projects (e.g. upfront tool, parts, knowledge, and environment checks).
- BSc degree in Technology, Engineering and / or Physics.
- Preferred: 3yrs experience in a technical field
- Understanding of the EUV Hardware and ability to flawlessly execute technical procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Influence team members without power
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions and technical ability to find/understand root cause analysis.
- Familiar with ASML culture, CS EUV operational needs and mode of operation.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
Customer oriented team player who makes sure that the team deliveries are in line with our customer’s needs. Able plan and prioritize the influx of work.
Context of the positionPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travel up to 60%, no longer than 5 weeks (continuous) at a time.
- Must be able to work in a 24 hour x 7 day environment, i.e. any shift, any day
- Schedule may vary considerably during upgrades at the customer, to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours.
- Must be able to work in cleanrooms were cleanroom and safety clothing/equipment are required.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability