30+ days ago - req22191
CUSTOMER SUPPORT - GLOBAL SERVICE CENTER EUV ILP ENGINEER
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionAre you a team player who wants to be the linking pin between problems seen at our high tech customers and the solution in a multicultural environment? Then join us in our international team of technical experts. The goal is to remotely solve technical challenges. However, due to complexity of our products Global Support Center (GSC) engineers often get the opportunity to travel to the customer site (up to 30% of the time).
ASML produces high tech and high value products to semiconductor manufacturers. Downtime of these tools is very expensive for our customers. To minimize those costs ASML Customer Support (CS) organization is responsible to repair the systems as soon as possible. For this reason ASML ensures 24/7 support by covering 3x8 hours in 3 different continents. Each of the incidents seen at customer site are analyzed and documented to prevent similar incidents in the future.
A role as Global Support Center (GSC) Engineer in the ASML Customer Support department consists of a diversity of tasks and responsibilities. These tasks and responsibilities are varying with the phase of system maturity which makes the job challenging.
Job DescriptionNPI preparation
- During the New Product Introduction (NPI) phase you are assigned to the project in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to independently support field escalations. You will travel onsite during introduction phase support by delivering knowledge/escalation handling to the local organization.
Technical problem solving within competency
- Solving complex technical problems by remote analyzing data and creating deterministic forward looking action plans is key for a GSC engineer. It is important to have good alignment on expectations with the local team and your other GSC colleagues worldwide within this problem solving process. On-site support is often required to solve the problem at the customer.
- Another important task of a GSC engineer is to manage the (technical) escalation, secure that the right data is available and provide routine updates to management and stakeholders. Next to solving a technical problem a GSC engineer is responsible to start the process to prevent the issue of happening again in future.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in technical science (Physics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Process technology, Aerospace Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 2 – 5 years working experience is required for this vacancy.
- Strong communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude;
- Flexible in working hours, travel and work environments;
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented;
- Able to plan and set priorities.
Customer oriented team player who makes sure that the team deliveries are in line with our customer’s needs. Able plan and prioritize the influx of work.
Context of the positionThe Customer Support organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers' sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local CS branches (Field Support) perform these tasks at the customers within their specific region. The Global Support Center is responsible for providing technical support to the local CS branches in order to maximize ASML tool performance. The holder of this position reports to the Group Leader Global Support Center US.
Position will require traveling up to 30%. Home base is the ASML office in San Diego.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability