30+ days ago - req22125
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Do you want to contribute by taking the lead and steer Development & Engineering of On Product Applications within the BL Applications? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The Process Window Detection & Control departments are responsible for the metrology and performance roadmaps for “on product” applications as part of the litho solutions roadmap. This job requires more than only excellent leadership skills, you also need to have the passion in coaching people to bring innovation and development to the next level together.
Our mission is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify metrology applications both after development (ADI) and after etch (AEI), being developed in close cooperation with semi-conductor customers in a multi-disciplinary setting.
We use advanced mathematics and physics to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. We produce metrology tools and advanced software applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process. At the Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).
You will drive the development of new applications and translate the application specific needs to hardware (Yieldstar) and software product requirements.
As part of the staff of the D&E Applications On Product Performance departments, you will manage one of the groups responsible for a crucial Functional Clusters in application space. You are responsible for the technology choices and roadmap, the specification, concept choices, design, integration and qualification of metrology applications within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in definition, concept selection through problem solving. But above all, you will use yourleadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance at the benefit of the product portfolio and - quality.
- Manage resources (15-25 people) in a group, working with team-leaders who take operational responsibility within projects under your supervision.
- Taking the lead in the conceptual stages of a project. Allocate people to projects in line with program needs to fulfil roadmap needs.
- Manage the delivery of concept choices/designs in your group that meet the requirements of the ASML development programs. Review technical solutions proposed, technical product documentation produced by the group and coaching of group members.
- Interaction with project leaders, DPM’s and PDM’s on technical content and allocation of people to projects. Review project plans and proactively support project realization.
- Work with co-developers and external staff supplying parties to enable and manage development projects on site at ASML or at co-developer sites.
- Define and implement the competence and resource roadmap for your group.
- Responsible for Strategic Workforce Planning and personal development of the team members.
- Managing the bridge to hard- and software development within the BL Applications.
A Master in preferably Physics, Electronics or Mathematics.
- At least 10 years experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi-disciplinary products. At least 5 years experience in leading a group of highly qualified experts
- Solid theoretical and experimental experience in physics and/or mathematics and big data handling
- Experience in managing a group of technical professionals
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments, driving innovation
- Experience in Agile software development is considered a plus.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Pragmatic attitude
- Ability to think and act on a strategic level
- Driving innovation including – network
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English language
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. The Process Window Detection & Control departments are responsible for the metrology and performance roadmaps for “on product” applications as part of the litho solutions roadmap.This position is part of Process Window Detection department.
Keywords: Group Manager, On Product Performance,